Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 1969 A7RA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:44 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
Great you made it over! :thumbup:

Dave is a welth of information on the Kawi racers, and is FAST on these old bikes. (not to good lookin though.... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Dark glasses and big hat help! I took this back in 2000 at Sears Point (yeah I still call it that)...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:22 pm 

Lol, funny to see that old picture of my H2R. I am still using the tank and the rear fender from the bike. That is about it, everything else has changed over the years.

Tom, great job on your bike, glad you put the right engine, after the rebuild back into the frame.

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 pm 

See, the right people show up at the right time.

Dave, you need to have Tom let you take measurements and patterns off the A7R dry clutch so you can build one for Lorroaine's racer, jsut to be different, and, make 'em for other racers, and for spares, etc.

Did you get the charging/lighting worked out on the Z1R for the endurance race??

Also, that picture, Dave. Wow, you needed a serious weight loss diet back then. Remember how big I was? I weighed in this morning at 172 lbs. I haven't been this skinny in over 34 years (I like it, should have done it years ago, just to arrogant to myself about it to do it until it almost killed me).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:49 pm 

Dave, yep, I am still lugging my fat arse around the track, but looking for every chance to trim a few ounces off the bikes. When I am really stuck for going faster, I may need to lose weight.

You must be real skinny now!

The A1RA clutch is the same as the A7RA. I will need to measure the one on my A1RA to see how close it is. There is a group in Italy that actually makes the complete upgrade to a dry clutch including an extender for the gearbox input shaft.

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:14 pm 

So far, I have lost 187 lbs. I'm still 15 lbs too heavy. When I was going to races with yu, I wore a 56 inch waist size pant, and had "Dunlop Syndrome (where my belly Dun Lopped Over My Belt). Now, I am in loose fitting 34 pants. The rest of the weight is that stuff that takes bad action, like excercise. Can't do that while it's cold, though. Heck, if I get down to my fighting weight again, I just might drag a race bike out and come chase you around a few tracks.

As far as the clutch and input shaft parts, it would be nice to have the capability tto manufacture parts here, if needed. Only way to get the "blueprints" for those parts is "reverse engineering", or, what is called an "Okie blueprint", take one apart, measure, record, gotcha. It's all like nobody's gonna get upset about maintaining/upholding patents for those parts, so, it's wide open.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:13 am 

As far as I know this is the only original A7RA in existance and I have Hammers eng in my office. I hope you enjoy the pics and history ,Tom

There is this one in Australia.....

There are bikes all over the world in the most unlikely places.......

Graham

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:22 pm 

Ther're difference between A7R and a7RA, is your an A7RA Graham?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:10 pm 

The one in Australia is definitely a RA. However, if you take a close look at the frame, near the swinging arm pivot, you will see the frame is constructed differently from other RA's.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 pm 

Yes, thats definately an RA frame, do you know what frame part number it is and do you have the RA eng for it. They are way different than the A7R eng., The cylinder stud spacing is considerably larger on the A7RA eng, whereas the A1RA, A7R, A1 & A7 all use the same stud placement and you could replicate a A1R or A7R using street cases. Cool bike Graham do you know any of its History. ie, did it start its life as a A1RA or an A7RA???

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:50 am 

Also h2racer, your right about the frame being different , on mine the engine cradle is one continuos pipe (on each side) that starts @ the upper steering head ,wraps down and around engine and then back up to the lower steering head. I also checked the spacing on the cylinder studs on the A7RA 62.2mm vs 60.2mm on all other A series motors. It seems that the A7RA eng. was somewhat of a cheater design as was the original H2R's , which is a drag because I have extra RA cylinders, but they wont work on anything but A7RA cases. Also wondering if the original H1R's or H1RA's had different stud spacing than the production bikes(thus allowing for larger transfer ports) Anyone know?? racer? tuner?? Leo??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next