Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: H2racer @ Sears
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:56 pm 

I went down to the AHRMA races @ Sears to cheer on Dave and Lorainne Crussel, it was a kick in the a** !!! Dave had a trying weekend in that neither the Z1R or either TZ 750 wanted to run right and He lost the brakes on the H2R going into the chicane just past start finish, and Sears had blocked off the route to the drag strip , so he had to go into the dirt way to fast (w/ no brakes) and tried to flat track it around the hill, but had to throw it away before he hit the k-rail on the outside of the turn 6. They red flagged the race and sent out the meat wagon, but Dave only rode it back to the start finish, hoped out and jumped on his bighorn racer for the next race, but it stalled on the grid. Lorrainne had a good weekend and finished on the podium in all of her races. Dave ended up winning a couple of races on friday on the bighorn ,which was the only bike that was running. Bet he's a little sore today. Great fun seeing you guys.

Post subject: Re: H2racer @ Sears
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:40 pm 

All credit to Dave ! ( I worry about that boy! :roll: ) Apparently, as he went to brake for the bend on the H2r the thumbwheel adjuster had jumped ship and left him with no front brake . . so he was left with little option but to part company with the H2r, luckily both bike and rider were somewhat bruised but live to fight another day! (Personally I would be aching for DAYS!) - But, GO DAVE! he was back at it on another bike :roll: . . . :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:45 pm 

That was a couple of challenging weekends!

Ignition failed on one TZ and the Z1R. Crank seal failed on my IOM TZ.

Amusing dirt bike adventure on the H2R. Rode a dirt track for 50 yards trying to get the bike slowed down, I got the bike sideways and laid down before hitting a concrete wall and jumped off at about 40 mph.

I tumbled, slowly getting up to see my H2R leaning against the wall, as if I had just parked it there. Only minor damage, busted the fairing and screen.

My left foot and ankle were sore.numb and the nice EMT guys gave me a ride back to the pits. Got the circulation going in my foot on the ride and headed out for the next race....

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:17 pm 

It was fun seeing you and Lorrainne. sorry the weekend was so challenging