Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:43 pm 

10 miles out of Lawrence Kansas broke the serpentine. No power steering or brakes, limped into Lawrence (Glad for the two new GOOD batteries) as charging was out and running on them. Saw a Pep Boys on way in - should be OK, glad to have MOTORCYCLES in the back!!! And Tools!!!! And a Ladder!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:50 pm 

Ladder?

I know the feeling, Barry, I've lost belts on long trips myself. I carry enough tools to rebuild the engine, if necessary. :lol: I changed the timing chain in my Chrysler 360 while on vacation once. I usually have a bicycle in the van on trips, and I've used it to get parts to get going again. I call it my dinghy.

Be safe, enjoy the trip, and I'll see you Sunday!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:56 pm 

Step ladder Jim, will make getting into the serpentine area easier - tall truck. It's a HUGE belt though - the piece I pulled was LONG even for a broken one. Man I'll tell ya, the two new batteries really saved our ass today though - driving at night, full lights on the freeway with a full trailer and all its running lights too.... Shut all the non-essentials down but when you're on the freeway - in Kansas with a slowly winding down volt indicator -- well you get my meaning.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:02 am 

Yes, I've had it happen with my Dodge van. Only one battery, no trailer, barely made it to the destination with the ignition starting to sputter. That time it was just a loose terminal on one of the field wires.

Wow, I've never owned a vehicle that required a ladder to work under the hood, so I was picturing something at DG needing a ladder. (Is Barry planning to build a tree house?)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:04 am 

All I wish is great weather and safe riding for all my 2 stroke friends at the gap this week. I really miss this event, however I am on track to make it next year. Please take and post pictures / videos! Again, be safe.

JD :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:27 am 

JayDav wrote:
All I wish is great weather and safe riding for all my 2 stroke friends at the gap this week. I really miss this event, however I am on track to make it next year. Please take and post pictures / videos! Again, be safe.

JD :thumbup:

You'll be missed as always Jay. Hope to see you next year.

Buddy

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:07 am 

Enjoy your week boyz, have fun and be safe!
Pics and video is always good for those of us living vicariously thru the forum. ;)

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:35 am 

At work 11 hours to go.

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:45 am 

BarryB wrote:
10 miles out of Lawrence Kansas broke the serpentine. No power steering or brakes, limped into Lawrence (Glad for the two new GOOD batteries) as charging was out and running on them. Saw a Pep Boys on way in - should be OK, glad to have MOTORCYCLES in the back!!! And Tools!!!! And a Ladder!!!

How's the water pump driven? Barry it's not air cooled... :) :) :)

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:08 am 

I know fun will be had by all. I regret I will not attend this year but will be there in spirit. :arrow: Respect the roads and please don't ride over your heads! I'll be back next year.

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next