Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:36 am 

This time of year other forums post their event schedules. I'd like to attend some other events but I don't.
In reading these event post as I do every year I always come away with the following thought.....

We (2-strokers) have NEVER, EVER, NOT ONCE, NO NOT EVER charged a single penny to anyone from anywhere at anytime to attend and otherwise be a part of our Annual Deals Gap meet.

Someone please explain to me....

Why anyone would need to preregister and send in from $25 to $70 dollars in order to meet some friends at a hotel?
Why in the world would I need someone to pay me to make a reservation for them?
Why would anyone need to have their dinner reservation made by someone else?
Why would I need to pay up months in advance to get my so called free coffee and biscuit every morning?
Why in the world would I need to pay up in order to meet a bunch a friends to go riding in the mountains?

We all have a lot to be proud of......

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:29 am 

Right on Ric, it says a lot for this bunch on the whole.
Not just those of you that have been fortunate enough to swing a trip or two to the Gap.
You pointed out ALMOST all of the reasons I never went to any of the ROK or COG group annual events.

Triple Folks Just Plain Rock Man ! ! ! ! !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:03 pm 

I know I'm not the only one who appreciates this and the people (you, Jeff, others) who make it happen.

I remember the first one you did, but living in California this was not in cards for me.
BUT
Seeing how much fun you guys had I organized one in 2000 for the West Coast at Sears Point Raceway and looped in the AMA (Their West Vintage Motorcycle Days) and it was a huge success. I moved to Colorado that year and Mike Brown ran it for a couple of years after I think.

Fast forward 10 years and I would always be green with envy looking at all the meets after and coming up with excuses for not going. Finally one year my wife says "just rent a truck and go". And I did 2011, 2012, 2014 and again now in 2015 (camping this time). It's still a long drive and time off but I can't think of another group of guys (and gals) who are so devoted to their craft.

I'm on other forums and Rick's right - it's a bunch of - well crap and a lot of posers too.

I'm honored and privileged to know so many of you and hope to meet more of you as this gathering continues.
bb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:56 pm 

Hey Ric,

First of all, a big thank you out to Chuckie Super Tuner/ Team Xscream rider... 8-) He invited me to go the meet 2 years ago and God willing,"I'll Be back" every year... :thumbup: By the way, it's great riding with all you guys and jamming at night with the band. What a cool place with some great guys from all over...even Alabama... :lol: You guys Rock!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

We don't because after the first meet everyone found out it was like herding cats.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:18 pm 

Yep, ours is a unique meet. Just a bunch of mis-fits who fit together well.

See ya.......

Lane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:41 pm 

Nothing like a bunch of fat old ratards sitting around the camp fire holding hands singing "Kumbayah"!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:14 pm 

anotherusername wrote:
Nothing like a bunch of fat old ratards sitting around the camp fire holding hands singing "Kumbayah"!!!

and hugs!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:21 pm 

it is great and unique.. however, on soem events...

ill use the bull city rumble for example. they use the funds to get the permits to shut down brightleaf square for 2 days, and pay for the free entertainment (burleque shows etc). also due to the permitting, they need to know how many people are attending (roughly).

however, a meet at the gap should be done as it is being done by us and coordinated (?) by you Ric. thats why the gap is the constant event i commit to. the rest come and go. and, its surprising HOW many have heard of 'the 2 stroke meet at the gap'. its like some mythical event that is held in secret. I love it.

:clap: proud to be a (very long time) part of it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:40 am 

I am grateful and honored to share this week with everyone. Thank you one and all.
ROLL TIDE

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...