Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:30 pm 

Well its gap time and after lurking for 5 gap meets and 6 years it time to post. Now for you guys wondering who I am let just say I’m looking for a big Cajun dude riding a little yellow motorcycle. If they don’t give it away I’m the truck camper with the rd400 Daytona.
This year my wingman is not going he is too busy with life. I have been trying to decide how to get there and what to bring. I really want to get off in Virginia and ride the 500 miles to the gap on the versys taking my time camping and sightseeing on my way. That plans has a couple of flaws. That only gives me one bike at the gap it won’t be a two stroke. The other problem is I probably won’t want to ride the 500 miles back to the truck. So I have a few other plans I may try to work out with a little help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:29 pm 

Did I give you or your buddy a couple a daytona carbs last year, oh yea and returned the ax? If so one of you guys had an engine issue? What came loose on the bike? I will be draging my GT500 up behind the PC800 this year instead of the Franken400.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:30 pm 

You found him. Hope to see you soon. Bring what you can. Now tell me are you Grumpy or the Oxone guy?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:53 pm 

my rd had the reeds dizolve and go though the motor. i guess constant 10,000 rpms is to much for stock reads. i replaced them and cleaned up the pistons and heads and she's back running i was going to bore and do some more port work on it this winter but i got side tracked on another project.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:55 pm 

iron
both grumpy dave and ozone dave. white bike