Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:47 am 

If hear one more person tell me how great the so called "Devil's Triangle" ride is I think I'll get cancer.

So, anyone want to go with me to ride this thing ?
It's a 42 mile loop near Oliver Springs Tn and is about 70 miles from Gap HQ.

Might go over there early week to avoid weekenders. Monday maybe ?
If you know me you'd know I'd leave in the morning (by 0900) and be back after lunch.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 am 

I'm interested. There's a lot I want to see this year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:04 am 

I won't say anything about how good it is for the sake of your health. There are a fair number of large trucks through the week, and can be a lot of gravel if there has been any rain. :) Have fun and be careful.

If I was looking for a ride away from the Gap, I would take Waynah Rd to Franklin, NC and ride ALL of hwy 128-the lower part of which will have no traffic even on the weekend.

John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:55 am 

hooktool wrote:
I won't say anything about how good it is for the sake of your health. There are a fair number of large trucks through the week, and can be a lot of gravel if there has been any rain. :) Have fun and be careful.

If I was looking for a ride away from the Gap, I would take Waynah Rd to Franklin, NC and ride ALL of hwy 128-the lower part of which will have no traffic even on the weekend.

John

There's not a road East of HQ and South of Ashville I haven't riden, and would ride them again: 28, Waynah Rd, 64, Ellijay, Pine Creek, 107, 281, Joe house, Explorer, 215 (a great one), the BRP, and others.

Hence, I'm looking West....I guess.....

But there are a ton a great roads north of the Ashville/Waynesville line as well..........

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:37 am 

Is wheels through time too far? I don't even know if it's still open.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:46 pm 

Ric wrote:
hooktool wrote:

John

There's not a road East of HQ and South of Ashville I haven't riden, and would ride them again: 28, Waynah Rd, 64, Ellijay, Pine Creek, 107, 281, Joe house, Explorer, 215 (a great one), the BRP, and others.

Hence, I'm looking West....I guess.....

But there are a ton a great roads north of the Ashville/Waynesville line as well..........

Well, then, you'll enjoy Devils' Triangle.

28, not 128. I love it over there-we have a friend with a nice cabin in the woods in Cashiers, where we cab=n stay whenever we want.

I hope we can join you guys next year.

John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:53 pm 

BarryB wrote:

A friend of mine rode over there on his Harley.He said it was closed for good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:18 pm 

suthernS2 wrote:
BarryB wrote:

Bummer about it closing. Looked like a long haul though. Premix guys would hate it LOL.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:27 pm 

suthernS2 wrote:
BarryB wrote:

Unless something has changed...suddenly.....it opens this March 29: http://wheelsthroughtime.com/

Barry.....It's 68 miles from HQ. Approx half that distance is a very nice ride down Hwy 28; the rest is 4-lane...but not bad. Also, the museum is in Maggie Valley; not generally considered a biker friendly community, but thats of little or no consequence.

It's a nice little museum. Not much to it but whats there is interesting. 99% old HD and a few cars. He has a great collection of old bike magazines which too me was more interesting than the few bikes he has.

If you want to go....I like taking the Blue Ridge out of Cherokee, visit the museum and have lunch in Waynesville.
It adds a whopping 6 miles to the route but makes for a nicer ride. And I know a cool saloon in Waynesville for a beer and great sandwhich.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:47 pm 

Ric wrote:
suthernS2 wrote:
BarryB wrote:

Unless something has changed...suddenly.....it opens this March 29: http://wheelsthroughtime.com/

Barry.....It's 68 miles from HQ. Approx half that distance is a very nice ride down Hwy 28; the rest is 4-lane...but not bad. Also, the museum is in Maggie Valley; not generally considered a biker friendly community, but thats of little or no consequence.

It's a nice little museum. Not much to it but whats there is interesting. 99% old HD and a few cars. He has a great collection of old bike magazines which too me was more interesting than the few bikes he has.

If you want to go....I like taking the Blue Ridge out of Cherokee, visit the museum and have lunch in Waynesville.
It adds a whopping 6 miles to the route but makes for a nicer ride. And I know a cool saloon in Waynesville for a beer and great sandwhich.

AWESOME - we'll this will go on the wish list for me! Last year I did the Dam, a neat loop to a lookout (with cell coverage) with Mark and Pete, rode the dragon 7 or 9 times, not even close to crashing (darn :e11 ) - sorry John and Jim - I tried... Three or four trips into town for food. Several smaller loops with several of the guys, talked to a stream and a duck. Got caught in a torrential down-pour without my face shield (Pete, my boots are still wet). Chased Jim and Gumby up the dragon a little. Tried to convert Brady (Christian Mopeds) to be a Buddhist (we've traded books with each other since the GAP). Got to meet a bunch of guys I've known for a long time and hang-out. Loved Pete's Carnage, Marks Dry Wit, Moo's chamber orgasm. The list is endless!

HAD A FRIGGING BLAST EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: