Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

:roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16YnmJN ... r_embedded

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:37 pm 

Thanks John, I was looking for this earlier, actually Discovery site was down for scheduled maintenance????? I found this though:

According to The Discovery Channel’s television guide, the one-hour program will be broadcast Wednesday at 9 and 11 p.m.; 10 p.m., Jan. 28; 12 a.m., Jan. 29; and 1 p.m., Feb. 4.

Discovery Channel’s ‘Hell Roads’ to include ‘The Dragon’

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:06 pm 

Well.....at one time I thought the fad would fade at least a little, but the Dragon seems to continue drawing more and more people.

Thats okay....I'm really there for being with all us 2-strokers and the many other roads in the area. Still get in some serious Dragon slaying in the later hours.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 pm 

Ric wrote:
Well.....at one time I thought the fad would fade at least a little, but the Dragon seems to continue drawing more and more people.

Thats okay....I'm really there for being with all us 2-strokers and the many other roads in the area. Still get in some serious Dragon slaying in the later hours.

Nuttin like after a long days ride to sit out front at the resort with a cold one as night comes on and watch Ric getting the RD airborne while rounding the corner and flying up wheelie hill.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:23 pm 

Man that video sucked....
Eventually, the Gap is going to end up being a victim of its own popularity. Actually, I think it already has.
I know this has been asked in the past, but has anybody ever looked into an alternative venue to hold the annual meet?

There are thousands of miles of beautiful roads and plenty of "motorcycle" friendly hotels out that way (Smokies). Wouldn't it be cool to try someplace different one of these years?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:35 pm 

scrambler73 wrote:
Eventually, the Gap is going to end up being a victim of its own popularity. Actually, I think it already has.
I know this has been asked in the past, but has anybody ever looked into an alternative venue to hold the annual meet?

There are thousands of miles of beautiful roads and plenty of "motorcycle" friendly hotels out that way (Smokies). Wouldn't it be cool to try someplace different one of these years?

Here's one in NC I know about! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmUW-8RAINg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:14 pm 

I have to agree with Cody. After last year, "the invasion of leather and chrome" ......and the Harely dealership on 129 just beforfe the dragon entrance......well, I don't see it getting any better. I absolutely love that place and area but at some point .........
I hope the early date this year solves the locust problem.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:50 am 

"Ron Johnson knows this road better than anyone"......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What a joke.

He's an opportunisit....he's done more to make the place unsafe than anyone....bringing in the crowd, selling his silly T's, taking the word to countless shows, and generally aggitating law enforcement.

The video does one thing right....starts right out with how unsafe it is. They should have gone on to speak of the tons of inexperienced cruiser crowd that come there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:30 pm 

scrambler73 wrote:

Absol-freakin-lutely Cody.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:45 pm 

I've never ridden that road, but it looks like a ton of fun. So far the only problems I can see with it is the cruisers that are riding to fast and are riding two up. But the biggest problem I see is the big rigs and the lack of riding gear a lot of these guys are wearing.

02' SV650 Race Bike