Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:44 pm 

Looking forward to seeing you all too Adrenaline Jim. I am at exactly the same in my prep as I was a week ago. I still have to do a final test ride on both bikes and do my Pre-Gap shopping trip. I will start the packing process on Friday and finish Saturday for a NLT 0700 departure Sunday. ETA 1530 local dependent on traffic.

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:47 pm 

I'm still finishing up the final testing of the replacement transmission in my van. The A904 quit and I still had the low miles A707 from my '73 van, so I shortened the driveshaft and put it in. Cooling was marginal, and the radiator was a single row type, so I got a double row and put that in. I have about 10 miles on it now and want to run it a little more before I go 400 miles from home.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:56 pm 

I might be renting a car/ truck to haul the Kendon trailer with 2 bikes for DG. We have two vehicles down both set up for hauling. Probably a 50/50 chance of getting back the 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee which has been in the shop for 2 weeks troubleshooting the ABS light being on. The 06 TBSS is next for the shop as it has several mechanical issues. My 06 SRT isn’t set up for hauling. I ran the thought of riding the Suzuki GT750 up but the better half didn’t like that idea with unpredictable weather. Really bad timing but I’ll figure something out.

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:28 pm 

Evans, that's been going through my mind too. If something isn't right with the van now, rental is about my only real option.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:44 pm 

still dialing in galaxie. may or may not tow with it again this year on this trip... at least i have the SUV but i feel your guys pain. Side note is the ac is working awesome.

down side is holleys are finicky.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:27 pm 

Just to add to this conversation, I just changed the plugs on the Frontier, gonna change the oil and tranny fluid and filter. I picked up this truck back in late November from a wanna be Italian guy in Naples from NJ...go figure. I think he watched too many Sopranos episodes.

Chuckie installed that module for the RD that I got from Nick aka Vintage Smoke and we went for a ride a few days ago. Bike runs great, thanks again Chuckie and Nick... Chuckie actually gave his bike a well deserved bath, which made it a little faster.. 8-)

We'll be driving up on Saturday and staying in Murphy. We invite you guys for breakfast Sunday morning about 9am at Waffle King off of 64. They finally gave us our own parking space...
Weather looks good so far.

Safe travels you guys,
Charlie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:38 am 

Well, other than packing, I'm pretty much ready to go and have been counting the days since last year. I pulled the H2 out of the garage last week to make room for a beautiful S2 that I'm repairing for a local guy (who cannot make the trip to the Gap) and it fired up on the 4th kick after it's winter nap. Gotta dig out the TS185, but it should be good to go also.

Truck has a fresh oil change, fixed the check engine light, evicted the mice in the airbox, the brakes are good and tires are fair.

All that's left is to pack and go which I can't do until Saturday afternoon.

See everyone on Sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:42 am 

Jeff wrote:
Truck has a fresh oil change, fixed the check engine light, evicted the mice in the airbox, the brakes are good and tires are fair.

Black tape?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:56 pm 

:D :D
Jim wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Black tape?

:D :D :D

No, I actually fixed it correctly. Evap system leak. It started not long after I tried to replace the wheel bearing and ended up having to take it to a shop. When the light came on and I read the codes, I wasn't overly concerned. I happened to see the broken vacuum hose when I was under the truck changing the oil. I must have accidentally hit and torn the hose when I was trying to get the hub assembly loose. The evap hoses run alongside the frame rail in the vacinity of where I ripped my hand open while swinging the hammer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:38 pm 

Jeff wrote:
No, I actually fixed it correctly.

A couple years ago Ga and I were just heading out of the subdivision to the meet when I realized I hadn't added water to the windshield washer tank, and the "low water" light on the dash was flashing on an off as we bounced around. I expressed my irritation at forgetting to add water and having to watch that bright light flashing, so Ga picked up a roll of black Gorilla tape, tore a small piece off, and stuck it over the light. I think it stayed on there a couple years. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next