Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:39 pm 

rdcharlie wrote:
Chuckie and I plan on going if there's a chance they are open and hopefully some of you other guys feel the same.

Looks like we'll have plenty of pizza for every night...stay well you guys.

Keeping the faith,
Charlie

Unless something changes, you'll have to get to the motel from Tennessee.

I just checked the resort's web site and tried to reserve a room for tonight, and then the next several nights. It said no rooms are available. It seems like they're closed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

I may be wrong, but I believe Tennessee has stopped traffic on Hwy 129 to the gap.
I remember hearing something about it on local news channel.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:04 pm 

mraxl wrote:
I may be wrong, but I believe Tennessee has stopped traffic on Hwy 129 to the gap.
I remember hearing something about it on local news channel.

I read that not only is 129 in NC closed to visitors, but also 28, the Cherohala Skyway, and maybe some others I can't think of. The only way to the motel is from the Tennessee side unless you're a local resident or your job requires you get through. If that side is closed too, that's about it for any recreational use of the Dragon for now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:59 pm 

rdcharlie wrote:
Chuckie and I plan on going if there's a chance they are open and hopefully some of you other guys feel the same.

Looks like we'll have plenty of pizza for every night...stay well you guys.

Keeping the faith,
Charlie

I'm hoping to go if the hotel is going to be open (and most other business are opening up). Just hoping for the best...I'm thinking the last two weeks of April this will all have peaked out and dropping off fast.

If states are calling and end to the quarantine/lockdown/stay home stuff and businesses are opening back up by the end of April...I'll be headed that way.

Since the powers that be are saying the next 10 to 14 days will be the worst and it will be peaking during that time....I think the chances of my hopeful prognosis is 50/50.

but I'm :banghead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:20 pm 

Yeah...lets hope for the best. It always a blast riding and hanging out with you guys, even you Rick. Roll Tide or like I said before Roll of toilet paper....Charmin extra soft... :lol:

You guys stay well.
Charlie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:34 pm 

The updated estimates of the progress of the disease are encouraging today. On this page you can choose the graph by state, and they've moved the dates of the peaks earlier and the severity lower for NC and TN. If this were to prove to be accurate, new cases would be down to near zero by meet date. Where it says "United States of America" you can get a drop down menu for each state.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:09 pm 

I'm a bit worried about phase-2, when people get tired of stay at home and masking, relaxing their awareness I fear a comeback (which usually happens in flu season too).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:09 pm 

BarryB wrote:
I'm a bit worried about phase-2, when people get tired of stay at home and masking, relaxing their awareness I fear a comeback (which usually happens in flu season too).

Yeah, that's a big unknown. I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens. And no matter what happens, I'll be taking precautions at least until the vaccine is available and probably beyond that.

It's interesting that we're up to about 11,000 covid deaths in the US, and so far in this flu season we've had an estimated 40,000 deaths from the seasonal flu! (actually the CDC is estimating 24,000 – 63,000 flu deaths, so they're not very sure) The current prediction for total covid deaths in the US is 82,000.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:58 pm 

rdcharlie wrote:
Yeah...lets hope for the best. It always a blast riding and hanging out with you guys, even you Rick. Roll Tide or like I said before Roll of toilet paper....Charmin extra soft... :lol:

You guys stay well.
Charlie

I didn't have to get toilet paper...I had already bought Hillary Clintons book !... :wtf:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:41 am 
Site Admin

Ric wrote:
rdcharlie wrote:

You guys stay well.
Charlie

I didn't have to get toilet paper...I had already bought Hillary Clintons book !... :wtf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Then it wouldn't do you any good, it was already full of crap........
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next