Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:49 pm 

Turns out Easter is a good weekend to spend time at the Gap. I rode up there this past Friday, Saturday, and left for home this Sunday. Highs were in the mid 60's. I don't know what the low' were but the fire pit got lots of attention.

The roads were relatively uncrowded. The usual mass of HD's lumbered through around lunch time in their usual awkward way. A car club of maybe a dozen cars came through; Mini's, Camaro's, and Mustangs. A few sport bike guys pretty much just went back-and-forth through the Gap all day. One of them finally went down but thankfully him and the bike were no worse for the wear.

The hotel only had a few empty rooms. Guys were riding HD's, sport bikes, and even a couple vintage bikes showed up. People there were from Florida to Detroit: S. Carolina to Memphis. All wanted to know more about our 2-stroke week and Barbers Motorsports.

I rode the full length of Hwy 28 from Franklin to the Gap and never once had a car in front of me !!! Same for the Dragon and Hwy 129 to Robbinsville. Although I had to brake a just bit hard to avoid hitting a large turkey on the Dragon. Dang bird looked over three feet tall !!!

Only seven more weeks......in the past few years I've taken to riding more at the Gap than wrenching....can't wait !!!!

Now I'll have to go to confession for missing Easter Mass...!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:57 am 

Awsome Ric, I am going on a ride next weekend around the Charlotte area, up through Blowing Rock hwy321 and down 181, supposed to be a nice stretch of road.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:23 pm 

I was out riding yesterday afternoon around Knoxville. There was very little traffic. I should have ventured to the Gap!

75 H1
78 CB400II Hawk
78 KE175