Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:06 pm 

These are just reminders to all of us....no one here needs my counsel.....

Check in time is 3 pm

Check out time is 11 am

Each room can get one free bag of ice from the café each day.

No Pets. This is a hotel rule.

Tent camping is available on a first come, first serve basis, no reservations are taken.

Hotel cancellation policy requires a 48 hr notice. You need to get word to me as well. If you’re a no show I will try to fill the room with someone of our group. If I or the hotel can’t get the room filled then you may be responsible for any and all charges accountable to your reservation.

If you trailer your bikes, park your trailer around or above the camping area, not in the lined parking spaces of the parking lot. If you don’t understand exactly where to park your trailer, just ask.

If you have a room and plan to arrive after 7pm local time; call the store well ahead of time, they'll leave your key in the room. They will also put a note on the store front door advising what room you have.

If you're rooming with someone who is the room-holder, and they won't be there until sometime after you arrive, have the room holder call the hotel and tell them your name and that you are rooming with them. It’s up to the hotel but they may leave the key in the room if after hours or supply you one when you arrive.

The rooms now have phones. Purchase a calling card before arriving; in the past the hotel has not always carried them for sale. You can use a credit card. For a cold beer you can bum my calling card.

Remember there is no cell phone coverage in the general area. Fontana Lodge is a hot spot and the fire station on Hwy 129 between Robbinsville and HQ's is a cell phone hot spot (Verizon at least; don't know about others).

The hotel has helped us in many ways over the last 15 years so, please patronage them: buy their gasoline, eat at the cafe, and purchase something in the store. They’ve been good to us, be good to them.

Be friendly and courteous to the hotel staff: store, cafe, maintenance, and grounds employees; say hello and let them know you're with the 2-stroke group (This is important; we have a good reputation). Thank them and wish them well every day.

You can stick an A-Bomb up your nose but, whatever you do, don't mess with the cleaning ladies. They're the tops. Be friendly and speak to them daily. Thank them a plenty. And most importantly, leave them a generous tip when you check out.

Be friendly to other hotel customers. Don't give them a reason to complain about the 2-strokes.

There’s a sign near the fire pit that states something to the effect of holding down the noise after 11 pm (I think that’s the hour). Do so. If the people who live on the mountain above the hotel call the cops (and they have), the cops call the hotel owner. The owner seems to get real pissed off having to get out of bed to drive to the hotel. And guess who he’s looking for……Go figure.

Refrain from rev’ing the crap out of your bike before 8 am. We don’t all go to sleep at 8 pm. Respect your fellow 2-strokers a least a little (I’m far from the only one who hates this).

Do not break the hotel rules (slow speed in parking lot, no burnouts, no wheelies, no bikes in the rooms, etc). I certainly have in the past and am likely to forget myself and break one again. So....I expect everyone to remind me of a rule if I'm breaking one and ask that everyone do the same for each other. It's not being a smart as s, it's what friends do.

If you arrive and need help unloading your bikes; you supply the beer. Stop before getting there and stock up (save money).

If anyone has other reminders please post them.......

God I can't wait to get there !!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:28 pm 

whatever you do , DONT ask the hot waitress " so tell me , what can you do with a hot dog ? ".....i think thats how it went LMAO !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:28 pm 

Location: Barbados, a tiny island in the Caribbean 166 square miles
Ric wrote:
These are just reminders to all of us....no one here needs my counsel.....

No Pets. This is a hotel rule.

Seriously?? Not even pet cocks? That would mess up the bikes! :mrgreen:

"I tried to restrain myself, but I escaped." ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:58 pm 

Be sure you get a calling card that works from a landline. A lot of cards are for cell phones only and will only work on a cell phone - defeats the purpose for us. Some are universal though, ATT gophone and other specifically say anywhere on anything - get one of them. You can get many of the prepaid minutes on-line (like gophone). You'll get an email with the toll free access number and a pin. You can also recharge them on-line.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:25 pm 

BarryB wrote:
Be sure you get a calling card that works from a landline. A lot of cards are for cell phones only and will only work on a cell phone - defeats the purpose for us. Some are universal though, ATT gophone and other specifically say anywhere on anything - get one of them. You can get many of the prepaid minutes on-line (like gophone). You'll get an email with the toll free access number and a pin. You can also recharge them on-line.

Good point B^2.

I believe you can also use a credit card.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:31 pm 

yes you can use credit cards but the rate is horrendous I made a couple of short calls and it was about 40 bucks.