Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:17 am 

Dunstall replacement levers will be shipped Monday for the Phoenix Project 8-) 8-) 8-)

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:32 pm 

Spent the weekend and still here trying to get the bikes ready. They have been neglected too long. The H1 was purchased from Dave C. (remember the green meenie that Shifty wrecked) with the front fairing in the tree of shame. The bike had an H2 motor in it that Dave had tuned crazy stupid with 34 Mikuni's, spec II's, and some special sauce from Supertune. Timing was way retarded as the the cylinders were lifted, decked, and hot. The bike was scary fast but not rideable unless you were on the pipe, but when you got it up there, it was like a rocket. I remember driving up to Deltona on my S2 to purchase the bike, Dave met me in the driveway, he was immediately approachable and a truly nice guy. I told him I would like to drive the bike before I bought it, and he said sure - but if you loop it, you buy it! He got on my S2 and I took the H1 out for a drive, got back, sealed the deal, and brought the bike home. After I got the bike home, I decided to tame it down - Dave had made several mods including frame bracing, rear sets, and a modified 1 1/2" rear break pedal that I sold on EBAY as a joke. Dave said he never had a use for the back brake (lol). Three years ago, on the way to bike night flying up the expressway to Kissimmee, the center cylinder seized. I rode 30 miles home on the outside two cylinders, some of you might remember my post regarding this. I called Ed Zunz and purchased a nice period H1 motor from him and installed it. I subsequently bought another H1 with frame with Dencos and lesters and decided to swap them onto Dave's bike and also purchased Gordon's blue body set and what you see is the result.. The only thing original from Dave's bike is the front end with the thinned dual discs and EX calibers. This bike has a funky history, but is running great and I get a smile everytime I ride it. Finally got it cleaned up for the Gap and looking forward to putting through the paces.....Now to get to work on the S3, another bike from Mr. Zunz but bone stock.......everyone travel safe, looking forward to a great meet. Jim

H1 an S3 will be coming to the Gap.......

The H1 detailed and ready to go.....
New UNI filter installed - scrapped the stock airbox - the engine needs to breath.....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like the lead bike for the run to the overlook to spread some of Dave's ashes. Maybe you can take him for his last ride on the dragon.......... :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:39 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
Sounds like the lead bike for the run to the overlook to spread some of Dave's ashes. Maybe you can take him for his last ride on the dragon.......... :(

John, thanks - What is so cool is the fellowship of this group of enthusiasts to carry on the memory of those whom we have met through these meets who have passed (I recall Kevin as well as Dave). I know Dave was a regular participant from early on - I recall pics from Tomcat's site early on with Dave participating. There is a lot of history and friends he made along the way to be sure and even though I only met him twice, I will never forget his calm demeanor veiled over his love for speed on two wheels. I would be proud to lead the group through to the overlook but do not want to impose on any others who may have been closer to Dave that would like to take the lead.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:22 pm 

John, good to chat....found a pic of Dave's bike (the green paint scheme) sitting in his driveway with the the specII's, aftermarket headlight brackets, superbike bars - notice the short brake pedal (lol). As mentioned, still have the front disks with the EX calipers that were installed at a previous meet at the Gap and the yellow Accel wires. Bill (threepipes) is the owner of the specII pipes now (yes he is obnoxious with the :e11 icon, yes it bugs me too). This was shot at his house the day I purchased the bike.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:25 pm 

Nice posts and nice bikes Jim-K :thumbup:

I spent last weekend at BigMo's place performing "open heart surgery" to replace a leaking clutch rod seal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:03 pm 

Good for you Jim :thumbup:

Ya gotta admit these are easy to work on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:20 pm 

BarryB wrote:
Good for you Jim :thumbup:

Ya gotta admit these are easy to work on.

Yeah I even carried the motor fifteen yards to the work bench :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:47 pm 

Dunstall levers arrived today from PHR. Time to get my wrench on... 8-) 8-) 8-)

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:48 am 

waiting on new tubes to show up for the 90 so i can get new shoes on it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next