Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:13 pm 

Sadly, let me know what you guys can use before I ebay the stuff. Bought a complete bike off of a friend who does swap meets, bike shows 399 miles and came with an extra engine. The low mile engine in the bike fired up with a few kicks after cleaning the fuel system and fooling with the points, rode it around the block and it runs good. Starts easy and idles good. I pulled it and installed the other engine, low compression on #1, but starts and runs, didn't ride though. I am going to part the whole thing, whatever does not sell will go towards my KH400 project.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:21 pm 

I almost bought that bike over the phone a couple of Months back . . . such a shame that such a low miles bike had been left to the elements :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:27 pm 

What kinda shape are the front forks and both wheels?

Pics are always good too.
:thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:04 pm 

At first glance, the forks look great. The lowers are super for original, but the uppers have some very small rust pits way up on them. The seals are shot. The upper caps are real nice, no tools have touched them since the factory. Front wheel is very nice with some minute pitting in the chrome, spokes pretty nice. Real wheel not so good, battery acid staining and cave man tire changing marks on the rim. Spokes not pretty, sprocket looks like new. Spokes are good and tight in both wheels. I hate using Photobucket to do the pics, but I will try to upload some in a day or so.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:19 am 

Is the front fender in good shape?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:21 pm 

Sorry, no front fender, it was sold to me without it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:24 am 

How about the shift linkage and shifter bolt (screws into the frame?)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:10 am 

You know, it might be kind of fun to have a triple that looks horrible, but is in mechanically good condition. Replace all the bad bearings, rebuild the engine, get it working perfectly, but carefully leave it looking like a complete rust bucket. Then take it to the Dragon and drag a knee past the shiny bikes. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:41 pm 

Jim wrote:
You know, it might be kind of fun to have a triple that looks horrible, but is in mechanically good condition. Replace all the bad bearings, rebuild the engine, get it working perfectly, but carefully leave it looking like a complete rust bucket. Then take it to the Dragon and drag a knee past the shiny bikes. :lol:
Yup that's a great idea. No need to spend a fortune on paint and bodywork. Rebuilding the engine etc. won't be cheap though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:22 pm 

Jim wrote:

I think I have seen a crappy looking, good running bike like that at the dragon already. :roll:

75 H1
78 CB400II Hawk
78 KE175