Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:55 pm 

Sorry to disappoint you on the reserve price.Please let's leave a little mystery on that part of the auction for now.I agree with you : "I think it won't sell". Even though the reserve price IS low.And it IS a great bike.I have had several friends familiar with the bike tell me to end the auction because the description included with the auction does not do the bike justice.THANKS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:53 am 

Stev-o wrote:
ACCELERATION wrote:

Sorry I can't tell you what the reserve is.

Why not? I dont understand why sellers are so protective over that number??

I have a feeling it won't sell.

it's an auction so the mystery reserve is a part of the game ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:34 am 

So let me get this straight, you come on to the forum and post something in the "for sale" section which really ends up being a bike that you have listed on ebay and have no intent on selling on the board. You figured out how to put a reserve on the bike on Ebay but can't figure out how to put a link to the auction in the forum. And then even though you have it listed in the "for sale" section you can't let members know how much you want for the bike. :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:58 am 

....."That's show business".... make an offer! (No disrespect to any party) :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:03 am 

OK I agree with you.You are absolutley RIGHT.Out of respect for the forum and the members.And in hopes of seeing a good bike go to a forum member I will tell all that the reserve price is $4250.00
Now that I have given you guys the reserve price.The ones asking and wanting to know are going to be the FIRST ones to bid right ? LOL !!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:51 am 

you're fair guy Acceleration :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:06 pm 

Good luck with the sale. :thumbup: I was going to say I didn't think you were going to hit that reserve price but the way the auction is going you just might. You are a good ways up there in NY, my wife's family is a little below you in Keeseville.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:01 pm 

Thanks !! We're right off I 87 at route 11 several hours away from Albany and 6 hour drive from NYC. I have been watching sales all summer and put the reserve well below what I have seen bikes in worst condition sell for ? I just saw one on Evil Bay auction part number 141751928450 sell last week for more than my reserve and didn't think it is even close to being as nice as mine ? But some times it's all about being at the right place at the right time ? It's a great bike for the money.At well under $5K ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:54 pm 

..."That's show business"..Great line! It could be used for anything.

Both skoots look pretty nice and I think yours will sell. Good luck with the auction.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:26 am 

Thanks !! I am leaving today to go away for the long weekend.YOU probably know before me if it sells or not ? I do like a little Mystery LOL !! Not going to check before getting back.We'll find out if it is the right time and the right place ? And we a not shooting for the moon on the price.No expectaions.What will be will be.A good bike and a good deal.Could use the funds to help with other bike projects.But I will manage if I end up keeping the bike.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next