Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Tomcat h2 pipes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:21 pm 

Best low-end (below 4500 rpm) I know of is Figaroli 3:1 Peak Power is same as Stock pipes, but as said, low end is even better than Stock pipes

Second best low-end and With better mid/top end than above: Jim Lomas street pipes (powerband starts at 4200 rpm With Stock cylinders)

Third best low-end/midrange: Higgspeed. But they are weak on top, about same as JL street

Denco is better than FBG, and in y opinion the best old School for overall Power (same peak Power as fbg, but at almost 1000 rpm lower revs)

SpecII is Sharp, but a bit less low-end Power vs Denco. But peak Power is great, and the hit when reaching powrband is great. Wild pipes.

I have not dynoed WTF, but the design just cannot be anything else than great I think. Good reports.

TNT: Extreme peak Power, and not bad in low and mid range either, but are short (peak Power rpm is hiiiiiiiiiiigh)

Figaroli 3:3. Almost identical to TNT

Wirges: Have only dynoed modified (internal baffle removed, and tuned length cut to same as Denco) They performed identical to Denco

JimLomas race pipes: Not dynoed, but design is almost idebtical to Jollymoto

K2Tec: Not dynoed, but reports are good

Jollymoto: Best bang of all the pipes I have tried. Same peak Power as TNT and Figaroli, but at more than 1000 less rpm. Good low end and ok midrange, and the kick when entering powerband is amazing.

Dynoed With ported cylinders and VM38's

If used on Stock cylinders and tiny carbs, I really do not know whatr happens, but I Guess the results will be similar to the above.

My Choice for a good sound touring pipe: Figaroli 3:1
My Choice for a modern touring pipe: JL street pipes or Higgspeed
My Choice for an old School pipe With VERY good performance all over: Denco
My Choice for a high Power H2: Jollymoto

Jørgen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:13 pm 

Thanks much for the input went to the jolly moto site but didn't see h2 pipes. Special order? Do you have any insite on tomcats pipe performance?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:23 am 

http://www.jollymoto.it/jolly-moto-2-stroke.php

Never dynoed Tomcat, but a friend have them and says they are great. EBOS also used Tomcats a while, so I really think they work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:42 am 

Good concise post Jorgen. :thumbup:

I too have been thinking of pipes, can't decide, I love the explosiveness of Spec II's I am running Its a great rush,
but something a bit more midrange friendly might actually suit my driving habits better.
Everyone compares the Spec II to the FBG and declares them the same, you have run both and seem to say they are a bit different.
Is this true?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:58 am 
Site Admin

I think there is confusion on the FBG pipes because there are different versions. Many years ago John Ritter of PRO-FLO had copies of the denco's made. They were a bit more tucked in and had tapered head pipes. He only sold them for a few years. Then the "poop" was the guy who was building his pipes started selling them To FBG. I think they changed them a bit, but are basically Denco copies. Before that I "think" their pipes were very close to SPEC II dimensions.

The new FBG pipes:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:44 pm 

Hmmm. Wonder if they are still tapered head pipes?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

Probably not, anyone know for sure? :problem:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:43 am 

The Gast pipes I dynoed were the old ones, I have not dynoed newer types.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:14 am 

Jorgen curiosity has the best of me, FBG and Spec II look nearly identical , do the Dyno charts show that also??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:37 am 

There is an difference between them: The SpecII has a proper stinger, With a proper end section of the baffle cone. FBG has the "cheap" stinger Version using the silencer tube itself as stinger. (and you don't get the 100% correct "baffle cone end section" because the silencer tube entrance does not have the same tapered angle as the rest of the baffle cone.

I have not dynoed SpecII and old FBG on same engine, so I really don't know. But I have this feeling the SpecII is better as they performed really well on the H2 I ported last Winter using 34's. (lower midrange Power than Jollymoto on same engine, but almost same peak Power)
THAT indicates them SpecII pipes are quite good. The old FBG just did not come Close to the Jolly's (but take into consideration SAME ENGINE MUST BE USED ON SAME DYNO for qualified test results)

To be honest: When I tested the above engine on street it felt really good. And those SpecII's gives you a BROAD powerband as they have the ability getting the residual pulses useful on THAT specific engine, and therefor revvs quite high (the overrev is extremely good) even if the powerband starts at 5500

And a set of chromed SpecII looks SHARP on a H2 I think. I like them a lot.