Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:54 pm 

I am going to give up on trying to title the early 72 frame I bought last year on ebay. After spending hundreds of dollars and hours on the phone and
DMV's I just can't see spending any more money on this frame. If you have a titled 72 or 73 H2 frame for sale send me a pm.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:16 am 

Started putting the motor together today, hope to get the frame issue sorted soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:54 am 

I am willing to buy your untitled frame,if it is for sale ?

70 H1 project

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:57 am 

Just out of curiosity why were you having trouble getting a title? I know they don't like titling a frame by itself, but did you try putting a motor and wheels on it and taking it to CHP?

-Lucas a fellow Californian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:23 am 

it pays to start checking your messages ..........i asked how you made out? ...i was visiting my brother in law in palm desert recently and had a guy pick up my titled 72 frame that i brought with me..it was even painted 100$ plus a couple beers !..........sorry the last one is going to ebay partially built shortly.................

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:28 am 

skaz wrote:
it pays to start checking your messages ..........i asked how you made out? ...i was visiting my brother in law in palm desert recently and had a guy pick up my titled 72 frame that i brought with me..it was even painted 100$ plus a couple beers !..........sorry the last one is going to ebay partially built shortly.................

Sorry but I didn't get a message from you or I would have jumped on your frame.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:44 am 

Mr_Dunev wrote:
Just out of curiosity why were you having trouble getting a title? I know they don't like titling a frame by itself, but did you try putting a motor and wheels on it and taking it to CHP?

-Lucas a fellow Californian

I had the frame and engine cases inspected by a local CHP and the problem is not with them but the Oregon and Ca DMV. I had to pay all my fee's
$202 to Ca when I first tried to title it last fall. It states on my paperwork. from them that I need a Oregon title to complete the paperwork. I have
been going back and fourth with Oregon for the last three months. Frame does not show up in any states records for the last 20 years and I tried
first with Ca and just said I had lost the title many years ago. Latest from Oregon is they don't like the Bill of Sale copy and want the original. That's easy
but now they want to title it as a reconstructed vehicle. That's fine with me but I have to check if Ca will except that before I spend even more time and
money. I have a member that is going to try in help me out from another state so maybe there is still a possibility.

As for selling the frame if I have no luck I'm not sure. Since Ca has the frame in cases in there records now I have to make sure if I give up
they pull the record. I don't want to sell a frame to someone and then they have the same road block that I have. What makes me real made
is the ebay seller that I bought the frame from was dishonest about the paperwork situation and I asked about a title before bidding and buying the
frame. He has not responded to any emails and the bill of sale is not even in his name but his wifes.

So as of now I have spend close to $1000 and countless hours writing emails and phone calls. If Ca would give me a straight answer it would make it
much easier getting it done. The latest from Ca is they want to fine me now for having a incomplete registration :wtf:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:50 am 

PM

70 H1 project

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:12 pm 

Made a phone call to Sacramento DMV looking for answers. Was told if Oregon can send a letter or form stating there is no record
of the frame being titled there, Ca will (maybe) :eh: give me a salvage/re-construction title. I'm fine with that since I'm building the
bike from a pile of parts anyway.

I want to say thank you to the three guys that have offered help and possible frames if I hit another dead end. I have 95%
of the parts and the frame will head to the powder coaters if that stupid title ever gets in my hands.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:20 am 

67lotus49 wrote:
I want to say thank you to the three guys that have offered help and possible frames if I hit another dead end. .

:thumbup:

70 H1 project