Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:01 am 

T.C.T. wrote:
Hello Please send me your contact info. I have a H1 crank that needs to be looked at. Thanks T.C.

Hi TC, welcome to the board. Use the PM or Email buttons at the bottom of Dave's posts to contact him.

Post subject: New Lab seals offered
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:10 pm 

I received board member Ralf's lab seals recently offered in the for sale section. They are really nice . I can rebuild your H1, H2,S2 crank . I will personally work with you and your budget. I have rebuilt multiple crankshafts in engines that are currently running and racing across the globe.
I pride myself on taking the extra steps to get the crank back in a condition as if it was going in my own bike. I can assist in giving advise to get it back together if needed.

As far as pricing it really comes down to the quality of parts that you choose to use. Sometimes the OEM rods are reusable, if they haven't seen water, corrosion or some trauma. Otherwise they need replacing. You can choose to supply your own parts, or I stock parts myself.You can use top quality bearings and seals, or no name bearings and seals, depending on what your going to use the crank for and your budget?

Most folks want to run their bikes and have them run well, they choose to use top quality parts. Just like this H2 crank I finished for the board member here John. Im telling you this came out straight! I thought my dial was broken as it hardly moves. I told him how nice it was use top quality new parts because of the results. In street use the crank may outlast the rider? So rubber seals, lab seals ,new parts,used parts, it all up to what your comfortable with and your budget.

I can take your crank apart and give you my recomendations. Im a Master Technician with 36 Years of experience in the Automotive industry as well as involved with Kawasaki triples since before I had my drivers license.One thing for certain if you suspect that your crank is worn , bearings are noisy, with a chance to spin, or rods are questionable or seals leaking then it probable is.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 pm 

and speaking of cranks... I finally cracked open the box today Dave. They look good!
Just waiting for my machinist to finish up boring. I should have both engines together within the month. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:48 am 

Thanks for doing it, and for the advice. :thumbup:

John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:21 am 

No thank you Cody and John and others
For the opportunity to fix up your crankshafts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:24 pm 

Dave just finished my H1A crank. He did a fantastic job at a very fair price for the workmanship. Highly recommended. The crank looks so good almost a shame to hide it in the cases.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:41 am 

Both of the engines are now together and ready to be fired. 8-)

One will happen tonight. The other, hopefully next week.

A while back, Nev posted that he uses the "wet finger test" to check a new crank once installed in an engine. This is where you are able to spin the crank by grabbing the tapered end with the two wet fingers. Not easy unless it is dead-nuts-straight.

Dave's rebuilds passed this test yet again. No binding or goofiness right out of the box. Absolutely DEAD SMOOTH the full 360 degree rotation.
Ive built other motors that when assembled required a bit of "love" to get the crank to spin fresh after installation. No way could I do it with a couple of wet fingers. Granted, the engines ran fine (and are still running fine), but I believe that extra "Nth" degree of true-ness matters.

He also built the crank in my '70 H1 denco bike and it is the smoothest running H-series bike I have ever ridden.. And Ive ridden quite a few of them in the last 10 years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:44 pm 

I could use a rebuild on my 73 H1. Please contact me for details and pricing. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:45 pm 

Does anyone need a budget early H2
Crankshaft?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:13 am 

Hey Dave! I got my triple running before I left for Afghanistan. Without your beautiful work on my crank and Don K's help with the cylinders and timing, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it before I took off. Thank you for your extreme attention to detail!

02' SV650 Race Bike

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next