Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:45 am 

H1 needles are in production and I should have kits ready to ship by the end of this week.... I already have the needle jets.

If anyone wants to order, just call my shop during business hours.

Thanks, :thumbup:

Ivan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:13 am 

Ivan wrote:
H1 needles are in production and I should have kits ready to ship by the end of this week.... I already have the needle jets.

If anyone wants to order, just call my shop during business hours.

Thanks, :thumbup:

Ivan

is it possible to order via email\paypal?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:55 pm 

I am interested in some of your products,same deal, paypal maybe to Australia.??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:00 am 

are you expected doing early H1 69 to 71 carbs kit on the future Ivan :?: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:41 am 

I ship international all the time (several times a week)... However, I pay 1/2 the fees (1.5 - 2%) with my credit card terminal vs. paypal. (4% and up)

I would prefer an e-mail with credit card details for the order, or if paypal is the only option, that 1/2 the fees are paid by the purchaser or added to the shipping.
(usps express mail only)
I don't process by computer, so security is a non issue.
E-mail orders are printed and deleted when recieved.

99% of my customers order by phone.... even the ones overseas.

Hussion,
I think the same kit will work just fine in the early models.....

I would attempt to do one for the early models if I had the bike....Same goes for the A series and the smaller S series bikes.

The biggest difference in the needle requirement on the early 500 models is due to the shorter choke height.... The porting wasn't that much different so as long as the needle and needle jet combination is used together, it should work just fine.

Ivan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:33 pm 

H1 kits are in stock and ready to ship.

Thanks Guys !! :thumbup:

Ivan :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:22 pm 

Thanks for the h1 kit Ivan.The h1e has never run better.I put in all the parts and set up the carb to your recommendations and the only change I had to do was lower the clip on the needle to the fourth position .after I did that the front end came up vary easy at start up. And on the strait at wot It actually scared me a little with all the power it had. I wasn't ready for that. :oops: Over all I am vary happy and will definitely get another kit from you when I re restore the H1D this winter.

Thank you so much
curt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:28 pm 

Jim C wrote:
Understood

Understanding needle taper is an art form IMO and pulling a Mikuni needle from a Suco list and expecting better performance without experience is usualy a bad proposition. I've seen it work well for some bikes but understand a custom taper (when done properly) is king.

Do consider the sales opportunities though as most of the folks on this board that have had a bike for a while (or installed pods and/or pipes) and probably have had the bowls apart a half dozen times to rejet even with a less than perfect needles.

We got jets; we don't have no stinking needles.

Jets are not needle Jets ,the needle jet is in the body of carby after you take the Jet out , it gets worn by the needle so ends up oval so needle doesnt meter fuel delivery properly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:10 pm 

Yes I know where that part is located, and it can be checked for an out of round condition with wore gauge drills.
I believe that every piece of brass in an H2 carb can be purchased from Sudco with the exception of the needles which don't work well for many of our applications. Can't fault Kawa though as they had to design the fuel system to work for all riders in many different climates, altitiudes, etc. IME, generally, the farther the bike is from stock, the worse the stock needle tapers work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:30 am 

I will give you a call Ivan for an other froggy who doesn't speak english, will be H2 kit :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next