Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Starfire is back
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:11 am 

After a bit of messing around, the majority of Starfire products are once again available. I have another long term commitment for a good friend that requires my time elsewhere, and fortunately have now managed to get a long term solution to get these units assembled by others. All units for Europe and Scandinavia will be built and supplied by a third party over there, and I will pass these orders on from here to keep it simple. Anything from the UK , US and Australia will be built and supplied from New Zealand , I have a small line running to complete these orders, and am training the few staff as I speak. Unfortunately prices will rise a little as now I am paying wages and insurance and tax and ACC levies.... the greedy gubbermint ... it goes on and on. The ZX2/2 and ZX2/3 units will only be available as self assemble kits for the time being until its all up to speed, but this should be back to normal within the month. Thanks for everyones patience with the many recent holdups... you may still get a few weeks of riding in before winter hits. :thumbup: I am utterly amazed with the continuing CDI orders for old bikes I thought would only ever count in the 10s, it seems never ending.
I am also beginning to have problems with US customs. Units sent through San Fransisco and Los Angeles , the two main destinations for NZ mail, are being lost. I have little say in this, and have been replacing the units free of charge after 20 odd days of waiting. NZ post can only deliver and take responsibility until the plane lands.... after that...who knows. If this does not improve, I will need to try a different way to ship, but what and how I dont know yet... very frustrating as this has yet to happen in any "third world" country.. :banghead
Signed courier post from NZ at $135 is almost the same price as the CDI unit cost... bloody ridiculous.

Post subject: Re: Starfire is back
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:42 am 

Depending on where most of your sales are coming from, you might need a stateside distributor with a small inventory to save a mountain in shipping and lost packages....

Post subject: Re: Starfire is back
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:40 pm 

1971Kaw500 wrote:
Depending on where most of your sales are coming from, you might need a stateside distributor with a small inventory to save a mountain in shipping and lost packages....

Yes, that would be perfect! Unfortunately it is getting very difficult to separate the average American from his money at this point in time. It takes a certain commitment to run with a long term goal, and also a certain risk, however small. Perhaps this is why China is doing so well right now. Because of this, I have reinvested minimally in components and this time will treat it more like a business rather than a hobby.... the quantity is just too much now to even be a hobby with suzuki, Honda and Yamaha, outboard motors, farm quads, cars, even microlights wanting units. The US is really not the biggest market except possibly for triples. Its actually easy selling them.... they sell themselves, its the assembly that has zonkered me.... no time. For anyone with the time and prepared to develop simple points conversion kits for older cars and bikes, this also is another huge magnitude of sales worldwide. Its so amazing just how many collectors/riders/restorers there are all over with a passion to get their particular machine running again.... I guess its a vain attempt at recapturing a lost or misspent youth??? My Titan does that for me.... I can be 20 again for a short time.