Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:23 pm 

Note to Original Poster:

That technical jargon ping-ponging back and forth? That's how you sell crank work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:32 pm 

do u ignorant morons really think I cant ck runout. lmao omg whats that like I said SOUR GRAPES I GUESS I GOT ALL MY NICE STUFF BEIN A MORON HA HA OK IM WAITING FOR THE NEXT IDIOT TO PUT IN HIS 2 CENTS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:41 pm 

You might want to check YOURSELF out, for excessive run-out, there, Bob.

I support at 2nd and 5th, read/adjust center first (3rd and 4th), ends last. NEVER use centers in the ends of the outer axles, nor attempt to get a reliable reading from the crank in the cases, as the main bearing bores may well be too worn to give a good reading.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:23 am 

johns02r6 wrote:
The last crank I got from Damon was so bad it wouldn't turn in the cases. I had to send it back twice before he fixed it. To be fair, he did offer to pay all shipping costs. Heck of a nice guy, but yes the crank needs to be straight and true! I have always used porschedave since then (http://www.davestriples.com). He is "expensive" but I know it will be perfect when I get it back. Im sure Charlie does a great job too.

To be fair why not let the man rest in peace, it's not like anyone is going to have a crank done by him now! He fixed it right... Why bad mouth him now? I didn't know him, never had a crank done him but I think this pretty rude :thumbdown: !

There was a vendor in the aircooled VW world who sold some of the best and most expensive hotrod parts for making horse power and his motto was 'Buy The Best and Cry Once"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:46 am 

Good thread, :D , while I have the attention of you 'crank' guys, can anyone supply a 92027-133 crank collar, R.H. What is the availability of these items..........dropped one, no longer round!? :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:29 am 

Rod, just in case you provide the answer before I have a chance to look it up, is it for the little cranks the H1 or the H2?

"Let's keep your crankshaft great!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:50 am 

Don k, I don't think they meant to be rude, just pointing out that cranx aren't as easy as some might think, even for an old pro.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:43 pm 

Mr. Foully wrote:
Don k, I don't think they meant to be rude, just pointing out that cranx aren't as easy as some might think, even for an old pro.

Yes I understand how hard it is to multi-cyl cranks. I will do singles and twins, but hang one or two more cyls on it and I'm getting someone with more experience to do mine. But out of respect I believe the bad should go to the great beyond with them when they go. I prefer to remember the good some one has done, I know that is how I would want people to remember me, not my screw up's. Exception would be if that person didn't make good on the item, transaction etc. But to not let it go of the bad after several years isn't right especially in Damon's case.

Let's go back to bashing TB, that was fun to read... :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:17 pm 

Thanks, triple cranks, that is a collar for a H2 crank, (R.H. end). 36mm O.D.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:21 pm 

This is the strangest thread I've ever read... :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next