Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hagerty Insurance
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:35 pm 

I had my H2B insured thru Allstate, as the house and my other 3 vehicles are.......they valued the H2B I just rebuilt at a MAX of 5K

A friend (and Jim and a few others) suggested calling Hagerty which I did, so I contacted John Engle, got the bike insured for actual value of what I have in it (a lot)

I had to send a build sheet (no prices), go over basic cost's I have in it, send about 5 PIC's......then Hagerty agreed to insure it

Allstate was $280 a year........Hagerty is $220

Give this guy a call......and tell him Phil Mosher sent you

>>> "John Engle" <tigermaniac@sbcglobal.net> 2/24/2015 2:02 PM >>>

Beavercreek, Ohio……937-427-8444……sunbeam tiger guy, historic judge at the concourse

Insured thru Hagerty for a value invested
Hi Phil:

I appreciate the opportunity to take care of this for you. I have attached an electronic declaration-of-coverage page and an insurance ID card file. The entire policy will be snail-mailed to you in about a week. I will work up an ERIE insurance quote for you for your regular vehicles.

Best regards,

John R Engle
www.lamptonengleagency.com

THX Phil Mosher

Post subject: Re: Hagerty Insurance
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:53 pm 

Does your $220 include towing insurance? I had the agent take that off my policy and it went lower by something like $40, to $80/year. I guess your high insured value is keeping you from that $80 number. I think I insured my H2 for $5,000.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:05 pm 

Great to know. I might see what I could insure my Vette for with them too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:52 pm 

I did not have to do any of the pictures and such, I just said I want it insured for $15k (and no towing), and added the DT400 for $5k.
I'm paying $293/year for both. I realize insurance varies by state and such though...
Vehicle Style Value
1972 KAWASAKI H2 H2Fxxxxxxx MOTORCYCLE $15,000.00 make changes
1975 YAMAHA DT400 501xxxxxxxx MOTORCYCLE $5,000.00 make changes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 am 

Quote:
Does your $220 include towing insurance? I had the agent take that off my policy and it went lower by something like $40, to $80/year. I guess your high insured value is keeping you from that $80 number. I think I insured my H2 for $5,000.

Jim.....I will check on the towing, will be talking to him in a few days.......don't need that.......the agreed value is XX,XXX......thats what I have in it :shock:

These below may be a bit low or state minimun

Bodily Injury 25K per person/50K per accident
Property Damage 25K per accident
Medical Payments 1K each person per accident
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury 25K/50K per accident
Under Insured Motorist Bodily Injury 25K/50K per accident
Damage other than collision $750

I wrote the word "Accident" so many times.....I thought I was becoming "Barry B"...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know I am just joking Barry the phone man

THX Phil :thumbup:

Last edited by BBP on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:02 am 

Meh - no worries Phil, I'm uber thick skinned - because 99% of the time I don't care :thumbup: :wave:

and YES I am Mr. Tip&Ring (and golden boy). This is from a company I worked at doing Skype trunk/PBX integration development at.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:37 am 

Holy Cow Barry........You must be the stuff

I want a cake :(

I just got thru doing doing the Cleveland VA.....biggest switch I have done in 12 years and the 5th one in the world (NEC SV8500 Remote Node over IP)......10,000 phones with 20 remote sites

Went perfect, we had one issue with G7.29 (8K compression) being set at 10ms.....which is no no.....set it at 40ms and good to go

Here is what I got.......I have been fired, poked in the chest, had a phone thrown at me, threatened and yelled at, but this tops them all

"This issue at the VA will get escalated to congress tomorrow if it is not fixed today."

I really deserve a cake :banghead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:07 pm 

BBP wrote:
Holy Cow Barry........You must be the stuff

I want a cake :(

I just got thru doing doing the Cleveland VA.....biggest switch I have done in 12 years and the 5th one in the world (NEC SV8500 Remote Node over IP)......10,000 phones with 20 remote sites

Went perfect, we had one issue with G7.29 (8K compression) being set at 10ms.....which is no no.....set it at 40ms and good to go

Here is what I got.......I have been fired, poked in the chest, had a phone thrown at me, threatened and yelled at, but this tops them all

"This issue at the VA will get escalated to congress tomorrow if it is not fixed today."

I really deserve a cake :banghead

I don't know why the Good Guys (the ones who bust their ass and get it done) always get screwed. I remember we've had this conversation before.

If they're using/stuck on using G729 instead of 711 - f-them!~ means they cheap :banghead but 729 is the new fair-haired child because it's not a bandwidth hog.

Don't feel so bad though, when my wife and I worked at Oracle HQ (before she was my wife) Larry Ellison screamed at and threw his boot at her in his office - ahhhh the interesting days of silicon valley~!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:32 pm 

Quote:
If they're using/stuck on using G729 instead of 711 - f-them!~ means they cheap but 729 is the new fair-haired child because it's not a bandwidth hog.

EXACTLY !!!........There is not that much traffic betwwen the two nodes, go 7.11 is what I recommended.......Nope......VoIP compression always has issues, and I can hear the differnce (sounds tinney and flat), modems and FAX's can be garbled if everything is not perfect........And then getting them to Set QOS end to end (which is manditory) is next to impossible..........and then it's your fault they have issues.......Oh well :lol:

Threw a boot at your wife......Yikes.......someday we will have to write a Book :lol: :crazy: :clap:

I did get a free badge though........after going to the Dayton VA to fingerprinted twice, being photographed, being interveiwed by PIV......and then told I had to fill out a 14 pages high level security clearence now (On New Years Eve)........and then the FBI investigation that follows.........Really :shock:..........what the hell........good for 7 years now.........hope to be done with it all in 5 years

Programmed it in my basement motorcycle shop (the CPU's)........then cut over and upgraded the Big Switch........looking a little haggard in the PIC.........not much sleep