Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:50 am 

1969 HONDA 750 SANDCAST LOOKING FOR REAR WHEEL 18 INCH

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:41 am 

HM 300 exhausts I hope :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:48 am 

Those bikes aren't bad to work with, and, they become fun projects, tons of parts for them on E-Bay. I built a lot of them when I worked at RC Engineering.

ONLY issue I would resolve is, check your dealer for a service bulletin for engine numbers for the output shaft bearing. The original engine run had a single row output shaft beating behind the front sprocket, and they broke. There was a change made in second series engines to a double row, one piece piece bearing, and I think, warranty change over to a double row special one on first series sand cast engines.

Well worth checking into.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:09 pm 

pipes are real early no markings baffel welded in doesnt come out thanks for info i know about main counter bearing on shaft will change for sure. in the 80,s i raced at fremont drag,s in bay area every wedsday night grudge night we called it thru chains thru my cases more than once on my hondas 750 also raced kawasaki triples lived in hayward ca road our bikes to the track those were the days. cases wernt cheap to fix so to fix problem would use epoxy and a coke can leak a little to oil chain but it ran down the track quick fix . mitch and his dad next to hayward corvette used to fix my cases and did all my machine work they were good people they also made bad ass 2 cycle go carts havent seen mitch in 30 + years rich

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:28 am 

Nice bikes and sandcast is defenitely worth of resto. My "everything done" K0 is fun to ride from time to time, reminds very well why H2 is the King and CB was always behind. So the ratio is 20 rides on H2 against one short keep her alive-ride on K0.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:06 am 

Always surpised that the triples achieved "cult status", and the early Honda 4's didn't - the Hondas were revolutionary at the time, when they came out in '68. A few friends had them, when I had my H1, but they kept a bit quiet in my vicinity!! Then I got a H2.....!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:03 am 

Rod the K0 has also a cult status since years, just have a look at the price done a K0 in GC or VGC :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:29 am 

Cool bike :thumbup: Whats a "sandcast" :?

1974 Yamaha RD350

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:47 am 

Jackman wrote:

Sandcast is short for sandcastle -- it's a place just past the rhubarb where all the CB750s ended up after they tried to keep up with H2s. :lol:

Actually it's how the early models were manufactured..kind of a crappy casting that looks rough (like early H1 shocks). Anyway, if you have one it's very collectible.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:18 am 

Zambia wrote:
Jackman wrote:

Sandcast is short for sandcastle -- it's a place just past the rhubarb where all the CB750s ended up after they tried to keep up with H2s. :lol:

Actually it's how the early models were manufactured..kind of a crappy casting that looks rough (like early H1 shocks). Anyway, if you have one it's very collectible.

Ah now I understand sandcast , thanks

Who would have thought a CB750 collectible :lol: , I going out to the Rhubar patch and pick through the pile maybe flip a Hundha for some righteous Kawi parts :mrgreen:

1974 Yamaha RD350