Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:49 pm 

These pics were taken at a car show that was put on by a few friends on September 25. I actually won a prize for "Sickest Cycle". That is a good way to describe this bike! It may not be much but it made me feel alright! 8-)

And the trophy!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:42 pm 

Nice !!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:17 pm 

Put a couple rear shocks on it and I'd be proud to rip up my local roads. Triples were made to be ridden!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:38 am 

I really wish I could get the jetting sorted out. It has VM34 Mikunis. The top end feels awesome and it pulls like a bat out of hell. The low-end and mid-range however leaves much to be desired... :x

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:48 am 

If it was set up for drag racing, the porting may be the what's causing the weak low and midrange. It might be worth checking the ports against stock. You can do that by removing a head and measuring, or using some spacers to bolt the cylinder down without a the head and using a degree wheel.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:50 pm 

I don't really know anything about the motor, other than it has had the heads shaved and I am pretty sure the tops of the cylinders have been cut too. It is .050 over and I believe the crown of the piston has been cut around the edges as well. I have had the H1 since 1994 but bought the engine and such in 2007 and it was in a drag bike. I really question though whether it was ever ran because the VM34's had stock H2 jetting (97.5) in it.

One of these years I hope to get it at least somewhat figured out. I don't expect it to be nice and docile around town but right now I can't decide whether or not the low end and midrange is too rich or too lean...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:08 pm 

OutsiderS2-H1 wrote:
I don't really know anything about the motor, other than it has had the heads shaved and I am pretty sure the tops of the cylinders have been cut too.

That's a good sign that other port timing changes may have been made too.

Quote:
It is .050 over and I believe the crown of the piston has been cut around the edges as well.

That's not a standard overbore, so maybe you mean .5 over (?) The increments are .5mm, 1mm, 1.5mm, etc., which works out to about 0.020" over, 0.040" over, 0.060" over, etc..

Quote:
I have had the H1 since 1994 but bought the engine and such in 2007 and it was in a drag bike. I really question though whether it was ever ran because the VM34's had stock H2 jetting (97.5) in it.

My VM34s use a different series of jets from stock H2 jets. I didn't know any VM34s could use the stock type. My main jets are #240. Are you sure they're VM34s?

Quote:
One of these years I hope to get it at least somewhat figured out. I don't expect it to be nice and docile around town but right now I can't decide whether or not the low end and midrange is too rich or too lean...

The usual way to figure that out is to push the starter lever. If the engine is stumbling and it gets better when you do that, it was too lean. If it gets worse, it was too rich. But if that's a highly ported drag motor, what you're feeling may not be due to the wrong jetting, it may be what you're stuck with, short of adding reeds.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:36 pm 

Sick alright! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:22 pm 

H2 engined H1, always a good time :D