Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:21 pm 

Jim wrote:
Cool video. It makes me want to go for a ride, but it's raining today. I'm guessing you also have a 4-stroke bike, because you blipped the throttle on downshifts. :P

I always Blip, I'm a master blipper :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:08 pm 

I didn't realize that blipping when downshifting was a 4 stroke trait... Other than the added warning that you'd drop a valve if you don't do it in a 4 stroke, I find it easier for shock in both 2 and 4 strokes.

Btw, I rode Zambia's H2 with backcut gears this summer... He warned me about downshifting that I was to put pressure on the shifter before pulling the clutch and I won't have issues with it... Otherwise you'll never get it to down shift.
Well the shallow fella that I am, I completely forgot about his advise as soon as I let the clutch out from the joy of flogging it... When I got back Ian questioned whether I had shifting issues... I didn't and I didn't take his advise either.
I guess in retrospect blipping the throttle as another effective way for downshifting backcut gears.

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Blipping is for either 2 or 4 stroke, it get the engine rpm up to better match the lower gear when selected. And it takes the load off of the gears. It is the reverse of upshifting without the clutch, you back off the throttle very briefly to unload the gears and shift.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:27 pm 

Nice! :thumbup: That's how a triple wants to be ridden! :clap: What gearing do you have on that H1? It looks like about 6500 @ 100mph. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:59 pm 

ThreePipesSmokin wrote:
Nice! :thumbup: That's how a triple wants to be ridden! :clap: What gearing do you have on that H1? It looks like about 6500 @ 100mph. 8-)

Thanks man-Like I mentioned, "riding any other way would be uncivilized" 8-) Gearing is stock 15-45 and driven by a basic RK chain in the red package. I think the speed clock is optimistic by about 8 or so mph :shh: :shh: :)

...and a smelly Honda CB350-Four