Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:31 pm 

Looks pretty good !!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:42 pm 

Barry it looks very good. If I were in the market for a new Japanese motorcycle, I would be very likely to get one. Do you think the custom looks better than this stock one? I do prefer the reduced dangling stuff on the rear fender on the custom.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:12 pm 

It's time for the manufacturers to get the rear-end of modern bikes sorted out, styling wise, just like the H2 did in its day, (huge "Euro-fender" excepted...!) Other than that, the straight Yamaha looks better than the Custom!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm 

Jim i will have to go find the picture I took because trying to figure out what new(or used ) 4 stroke I want,I wanted to see the Yamaha Triple in person.So a month or so ago I went to take a look.The salesman said they can't keep them in stock,as a matter of fact the one I looked at was already sold !!!! I thought it was a nice bike and better than a lot of the other naked bikes out there today,but I'm not sure what it was but it just isn't for me !!!!! I like the custom ones better myself,I also like the custom pipes on the one on top,got a little " Rocketship" look going on there .Although the stock ones are cool,I like what guys are doing to the with the Custom parts.I like the stock black one,but didn't like the stock blue wheels,thought it made the bike look cheap !!!! You can't beat it for the price !!!!! Nice bike !!!! I found the picture and it was in July.Photobucket is down but when it comes up I will post it.Its a little blurry but you can see it good !!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:59 pm 

saint barry wrote:
...but didn't like the stock blue wheels,thought it made the bike look cheap !!!! .

Proof that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because I think the blue rings on the black rims look great. Of course what looks great in a photo may not look as great in real life. Also it's not a secret that I like black and dark blue together. :lol:

Now that I've learned that light motorcycles are more fun than heavy ones, and power isn't everything, that Yamaha is very attractive to me. It really stands out from the herd with the combination of low weight, decent power, three cylinders, and price.

I'll never dig a single pipe splitting into multiple mufflers, with the first one I noticed being a 2-stroke. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:04 pm 

Jim If I am not mistaken I think the whole rims are blue !!!! I didn't see the blue one in person though !!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:06 pm 

Here is the picture I took in July !!!! The bike looks red in the picture but it is really more of an orange color !!!! My 1phone5 camera stinks.I think I got a dud camera in the phone !!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:12 pm 

This is the site I got the custom Mt09 from !!! Lots of cool Yamaha triples !!

https://www.facebook.com/DesignADK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:17 pm 

They're going to sell a ton of those. That's a lot closer to my idea of a modern H2 than what Kawasaki has come up with.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:43 pm 

Jim,I agree,Kawasaki blew their chance for now,maybe the have something in store for the future……..Who know !!!!!