Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:52 pm 

H2RTuner wrote:
I have owned one of these W800's, and stillnown one of the original W650's. Both are GREAT bikes.

Most all times, owning one is the ONLY prerequisite for credible opinions on something, not random useless speculation.

I agree Dave. The W650 is a great bike. I've had mine for 10 years, never given the first problem. When I ride it to work, people think it's an old Triumph and want to buy it from me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:03 pm 

suthernS2 wrote:
Jim, the power and gas mileage don't really concern me, the weight does though. Just sitting on it, it doesn't feel that heavy but I'm sure it would in slow curves. I've read some reviews, some hate it while others like it. I need to test ride it and see what I think.

That's definitely the thing to do. With my back the way it is, if I take care of it it'll probably last a few more years, but if I drop a 500 lb. motorcycle and try to pick it up myself, I'll probably be in the hospital.

Edit: Knock it over at the dealer and tell the sales guy you need to see how hard it is to pick up. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:21 pm 

Jim wrote:
suthernS2 wrote:
Jim, the power and gas mileage don't really concern me, the weight does though. Just sitting on it, it doesn't feel that heavy but I'm sure it would in slow curves. I've read some reviews, some hate it while others like it. I need to test ride it and see what I think.

That's definitely the thing to do. With my back the way it is, if I take care of it it'll probably last a few more years, but if I drop a 500 lb. motorcycle and try to pick it up myself, I'll probably be in the hospital.

Edit: Knock it over at the dealer and tell the sales guy you need to see how hard it is to pick up. :lol:

Then I'd have to buy it and repaint it for sure. :D I know what you mean about the back. Seems like my back and knee hurts all the time. Funny thing is while I'm riding, they don't hurt a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:24 am 

Rod, you "chill out", you are the one that always gets bent out of shape when I post anything, and there is simply NO reason for any of it.

I am not upset at all, I just posted facts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:47 am 

suthernS2 wrote:
I know what you mean about the back. Seems like my back and knee hurts all the time. Funny thing is while I'm riding, they don't hurt a bit.

Same here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:51 am 

I love the W800 cam drive, bevel gear vertical shaft, nice piece of engineering there. The styling is great for a retro bike, and I would think, comfortable to ride. Makes for an excellent cafe donor if you don't mind chopping up a near new bike.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:13 pm 

I used to have all sorts of back pain problems when Steve Whitelock and I drove the Kawasaki race truck all over the country.

A fairly good ride on my street H2R tuned me right up, no more pain.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:15 pm 

suthernS2 wrote:
First look at the dealer and I hated it. Didn't like the color scheme at all and it weighs 490 lbs. Price was 9,799 and is dropping like a rock. I've seen them as cheap as 5,499. It's getting tempting but I would have to have it repainted in a color that stood out more. Thinking of either a British color or maybe a Kaw triple color. Winter makes me bored and I start having crazy ideas. :eh: :crazy:

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/201 ... 5009906465

Heck yes! I like it and I say go for it! I say that based on the conversation we had about it at the Gap so I know you like it and have been watching the prices. Make it a Christmas present to yourself!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:48 pm 

Hey Chris, I may wait till after Christmas. I talked to a salesman couple of months ago and they really want to unload it. Time is on my side as nobody seems to want this model.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:53 pm 

suthernS2 wrote:
Time is on my side as nobody seems to want this model.

Almost nobody.

Buddy, I looked at the specs and was surprised that the W650 and W800 are essentially the same weight. Power is almost the same too, but they say the 800 can be worked on a little to uncork some power.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next