Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: doubt A1/A7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:33 am 

hello everyone, I have a question to solve and I ask you who are experts. I have a Samurai chassis No. A1 120213 with an A1E 24725 engine, which I guess is not its original engine. and an Avenger KAF 15773 frame. I already have a 1970 Samurai which gives me a lot of satisfaction. my doubt is this: to set up a 1969 Samurai, with a high tank and circular instruments, not those, beautiful and rare inserted in the headlight, which I believe are of the 1968 model, even if the engine number is much later, or whether to set up a Avenger, also from 1969, with high tank, and to modify the engine looking for Avenger cylinders and pistons? What would you do? Thanks everyone in advance.
Paola (Italy)

Post subject: Re: doubt A1/A7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:21 am 
Site Admin

That depends on if you are building a rider, or looking at an investment.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:24 am 

Ja-Moo wrote:

No no, Ja Moo, I have never taken a motorcycle thinking of an investment, but thinking only of the pure pleasure of having it and using it. Having already a 1970 Samurai, the idea would be to make an Avenger, the differences are the engine and the exhausts. the problem would be to find the exhausts, which are different between samurai and Avenger, both very rare to find, and those of the Avenger seem even rarer. for the engine, most of the Avengers have the engine with "Injectolube" lubrication but I have been told that the first models had the engine like that of the Samurai, only increased to 350. If that's true, I should look for cylinders, heads and pistons from 350, but I would have to change the number of the engine code. find a 350 engine, maybe "Injectolobe" in Europe, I think it's impossible. But in the end I would settle for another Samurai too, with a different aesthetic.
Paola (Italy)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:29 am 

Ja-Moo wrote:

but in the end, I would also be satisfied with having a second samurai, the one I have is red and white from 1970, and I would make a blue and white from 1969, c, two identical bikes, but with different aesthetics and color. we say: those who are satisfied, enjoy!
but I still have to decide what to do ......
Paola (Italy)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Ah, ok. I wish you good luck, as you already know, those bikes are rare, so parts are hard to find. I hope someone here can help, or you do find what you are looking for. Keep up informed if there is progress.

I got to ride a 70 model that was restored, great fun! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:35 am 

Thank you very much Ja- Moo, regardless if I will do a Samurai or an Avenger, I try to carry on the work. where can i find the Kawasaki stickers or stencils for the fuel tank? I want to make the color white on the sides and blue on top. I liked the version with the white stripe at the bottom more, but the painter says it is very difficult to make it identical.
Paola (Italy)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:39 am 

Diablo Cycles has decal sets or individual ones for the A1 and A7. May be other vendors too but know they are available. Cool rare pieces of Kawasaki 2 stroke history!

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:33 am 

Evans Ward wrote:
Diablo Cycles has decal sets or individual ones for the A1 and A7. May be other vendors too but know they are available. Cool rare pieces of Kawasaki 2 stroke history!

hi, Evans, I had already seen the Diablo Cycle website, which I have known for years (but is it the transformation of Reproductiondecals?), but they only have the Kawasaki writing for the 1969 model in black, while for what I know, in Europe the model 69 it had white writing on a red or blue background. I wrote to the company if they also had white lettering, but I never received a reply.
Paola (Italy)