Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:23 pm 

Sounds interesting, post results, if you will. I only mentioned the higher fuel pressures in passing, they do help control the atomization over lower pressures. Two injectors per cylinder should work good, very good.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

If you could fit 4 injectors, then you could time 2 and 2 for every other power stroke, reducing the cycles of the injectors in half.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:02 am 

It's not so much the cycle time being hard on injectors, it's how long I have to inject the fuel pulse when the piston is below the injector port. Larger flow injectors mean less time is needed. So why not just put a huge injector on it? Well, big injectors with extreme short pulse times will dribble the fuel out, causing bad idle. The solution is to have two and only use one of them under a certain RPM, then have the second one cut in when fuel requirements get high. Turbo motors need this when they are set up to run big boost, the fuel requirement range from no boost idle to full boosted high RPM is a lot.
I'm going down uncharted paths with this engine, which is fun for me, I have always loved prototype work anyway. Trying to decipher what is going on inside this motor for flows, both air and fuel is interesting at the very least.
Note that I really don't need to go too far with the development of this engine. My goal is to sell the patent, or licence the design out. Me actually building this and getting it running gives the patent so much more value, in that it's not some wacky idea I came up with, but does actually do what I say it should. Much lower risk for an investor to toss large sums of money at it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:43 am 

Go well past the end of the requirements for documentation when you apply for the patents, others will try to cross file on elements of our design they have no right to get involved with. Lots of scammers and patent thieves out there. I am sure you are already doing the research for all facets of this, just don't miss anything. Revealing some facets of it to the public are OK, but, not too much, public boards have scammers that are usually not board members just hunting for the tech to steal.

This is not to discourage you, just to protect your ideas and products.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:53 am 

Thanks. I have filed for patent, or I would not post anything here yet. I have filed for provisional and utility. I am sure I have covered what it needs, but, as you say, there are a lot of sketchy people out there. I fought a 3.5 year federal lawsuit as a ProSe defendant, and won it, with the court providing legal counsel in the last 8 months after the guy suing me would not give up and it was clear it was going all the way to trial, and did. Guess that should show I am not a soft target LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:20 pm 

Good, stay just that cautious.

I have had numerous people claiming to have invented the small-body HEI, they all demurr when I show them the dated and certified drawings I made of what I invented back in late 1975. I also worked at GM Skunk Works for Zora Arkus-Duntov, assigned to helping develop the large coil in cap HEI.

There is a lot more stuff I have developed over the years, parts, assemblies, techniques, procedures, I just keep it all to myself anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:05 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRfyIBiJgZs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:04 pm 

Very Impressive!
As I watched, Smokey Yunick came to mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Pretty damn cool! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:52 am 

FANTASTIC, another person that likes to figure it out, and then, go make it, just like me. I just love stuff like this, highlight of my days.

Steve and I had a great friendly relationship with Smokey, we used to go to Daytona early, and between other Southern races, and work on Yvon's bikes at Smokey's "Best Damned Garage In Daytona". Another place I used to go work at on the bikes later when I did Al's bikes was 'Von Garbage's' Museum shop (Don Garlits).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next