Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:34 pm 

Developments lately. The Microsquirt tuning has been difficult to say the least, and I didn't get the WBO2 sensor working and the crank trigger was trouble. Rather than risk blowing all my work up I opted to put the four stroke back in, well, the two stroke EX500 bottom end with the original four stroke top end back on it, and run that with the turbo. I need to develop the pistons more and the next phase is to make my own connecting rods with a different type of wrist pin design. So the four stroke EX500 engine with turbo has been the work this past five months. I can honestly say that this bike is the fastest I have ever owned. It will boost to 19 psi, but I have limited the wastegate control to 17 psi right now. Instead of revving it to 11k, I only go to 8k, which is around the flow limit of the VZ21 turbo. I had to make a new head gasket myself, I used an EN500 composite type and that blew, so I CNC machined one out of .050" aluminium sheet, with O rings for water and oil sealing, and a stainless tube O ring for the cylinder fire wire seal. Bike weighs 410 lbs. Video is at https://youtu.be/o2x2GN9L7o8