Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:28 pm 

The USPS in their infinite wisdom has decided that I'm going to spend untold hours changing my mailing address from Zionsville, PA to Palm, PA 18070

Same street address but different town. it's only been Zionsville for 75 years :banghead

Idiots

Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:40 am 

What the HECK?!!! I can see if they added a new zip code and changed the zoning, but changing the name is, well...it's typical postal decision making at it's best!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:00 pm 

At least "Palm" is easier to spell for someone over the phone. I like short names. Not enough to want to have my address changed though.

I just read about the Zionsville Post Office closing in 2009 when the building owner refused to renew the lease. Then Zionsville was served by the Hereford Post Office, but allowed to keep its name. I guess now it's going to be served by the Palm Post Office and not be allowed to keep its name.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:58 pm 

Jim wrote:
At least "Palm" is easier to spell for someone over the phone. I like short names. Not enough to want to have my address changed though.

I just read about the Zionsville Post Office closing in 2009 when the building owner refused to renew the lease. Then Zionsville was served by the Hereford Post Office, but allowed to keep its name. I guess now it's going to be served by the Palm Post Office and not be allowed to keep its name.

When my house was built in 1945, the choices for mail were Zionsville at the driveway or a post office box in Palm 2 miles away. It's been Zionsville for 75 years.

Here's the long story I wrote out on a cub cadet forum

The owner of the Zionsville post office building refused to renew the lease ( did give advance warning) but since Zionsville is a very small town, another in town location couldn't be found.

So then Hereford took over Zionsville deliveries. ( about 3 miles away from each other)

Everything was fine until some kids set the Hereford post office on fire on Christmas Day 2017. The Hereford post office is in a shared building, half is the post office and the other half is a Turkey Hill ( 7-11 / Wawa type store)

Then Palm and Alburtis post offices took over while they spent 9 months rebuilding the PO.

Hereford got back in about 18 months ago. Then the building owner jacked up the rent so they wouldn't renew so he could try to put in a fast food franchise about 6 months ago. ( it's still in the planning phase and nothing has happened)

So instead of Palm taking over my mail again, they have Alburtis doing it and they are 15 miles away.

So their stupidity will create untold hours of me doing address changes. What pissed me off the most was the close to a decade of doing both Cub cadet parts and Kawasaki Triple parts using my Zionsville address. Now I have to hope that folks who have my address saved will contact me before sending parts so I can give them the "new" town and ZIP code

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:57 pm 

My guess is that the P.O. will get the mail for you that's addressed to Zionsville to your house for many years to come, but I don't pretend to be sure of that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:17 pm 

Jim wrote:
My guess is that the P.O. will get the mail for you that's addressed to Zionsville to your house for many years to come, but I don't pretend to be sure of that.

That's what they told me and my mail carrier will remain the same.

It's just the inconvenience and the HOURS of time to change the address. Mortgage, insurances, utilities, investments, magazine and memberships just to name a few.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:39 pm 

Oh I know. I moved from MD to NC back about 15 years ago and had to go through it all. I suppose it's not as bad mentally when you choose to do it though.