Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:39 am 

Greetings to all,
It"s been a long year here at old Mo househould, and I have read with enthusiasm many posts on the board, though I have had little to contribute to them this year. It seems the after effects of breaking my back as well as the fatal pneumonia have and will linger from last October seemingly forever. But despite increasingly feeling worse thru the year, I accepted Jim Gaal"s challenge and we went on Jim and Jerry's Big Adventure.Jim called me and said he was going to Bonneville this yr, and would like me to go with him as he took his ZX14 to try and run 200! He also challenged me to design and build something and he would take it along too. So i did, and Bad Toad Racing was born. The V1-R project is a f7 engine within a very modified kh100 frame. It's a multi-engine platform capable of 4 classes at Bonneville, with speeds over 100 mph. Well, as it turned out weather and poor conditions let us run only one time on the last of 5 days, tho Jim got several runs in on the ZX at speeds of 192mph!!. Even the seasoned 200 riders could not get their 200's this trip and want to say how fearless and determined a rider that Strokerface really is as the conditions brought several riders to Hospital who refused to acknowledge the conditions of the track. So 1 run up, at 56,lol and no gas to push harder, and by rule straight to impound, then a return run again only in 2nd gear at 59+, and return to impound. Later exposed the crimped gas line beneath the fire cover, and that was it. Jim and Charlene hauled MO and Teresa 2000 miles , sick all the way there and back, for about 4 minutes of riding-and set a record at Bonneville.The V1-R I engineered to go 60 in 2nd gear, and the return run proved my math is good. Upon returning to home my Drs confirmed my numbers are above action level and ,indeed my Cancer has returned. I was hoping it was the obstruction removed this October, but it was not Cancerous and to date it has not been located. So if its not somewhere it may be all over, which, funny pun, may mean its all over.
Anyway, Jim and Charlene, and my family are taking me to the AMA Championships banquet in January to receive my NO 1 Plate and we were invited to bring our little bike to show it there! Also, a 5 slide group portraying something about the rider, which my daughter Ruby put together. The third slide is very much about you, all of you, who willed forward a sick old man to do and be what he should be. I am proud that all of you will be with me on the stage the 17th, and wanted to thank you all for your friendship and good will over the yrs. I find it a strange place to be, two yrs removed from my first ride in 12 yrs, going to Ohio in Jan,and 14 yrs from being told to get my affairs in order. The power of Human spirit and comradery can never be underestimated. I wish all a very Merry Christmas and hold each of your loved ones close, as surely the time to do so is unknown.
PS: Ruby has been announced as the feature rider for Bad Toad Racing in 2015, and if she can get enough sponsors money to go to Bonneville she will use all 5 gears,wish her luck!
Bigmo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:38 am 

Glad to see the tradition is being carried on.. have a blast at the banquet!! we'll be thinking of you and yours. :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:41 am 

Wow what an awesome post Jerry! It's nice to read something like this. With so many problems in the world today and your everlasting positive vibes man I'm just, I don't know - words don't express it. You pushing through issues and still doing the things you do is truly an inspiration. Your family and of course Strokerface - - - frack... I'll just say I'm BLESSED to know such wonderful people, getting a little teary here.

Love you man, dig it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:17 am 

That is a great post, Thank you. I would love to ride that machine. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:26 am 

Absolutely top notch, keep up the good fight, always forward, NEVER SURRENDER.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:28 am 

MO, awesome post thanks for sharing! Way to go!

The signature line, love it, live it my brother.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:41 am 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave: :wave: :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:02 am 

awesome post. simply spectacular. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I was wondering what was going on with you and Jim (no posts forever!) Looks like you guys have been busy.

God Bless you and yours Jerry. And MERRY CHRISTMAS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:10 am 

Never give up. Never surrender. I am honored to know you. Merry Christmas MO.
MO out.

Stay in it when it comes on the pipe, no need to be scared...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:05 pm 

Great post
Stay strong and have a great holiday