Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The new H2R
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:09 pm 

It's all marketing hype, etc, so good luck to them. Personally, I can't see the point of a steel trellis frame, even Ducati's Moto GP bikes use an aluminium frame. And while all this has been going on, I gotta tell you, I CANNOT hold on to my '06 ZX10r at the speeds it is capable of, so it's all a bit academic for us mortals - I'd love to have one tho' !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

saint barry wrote:
The reason nobody cares about an H2 but old farts,is because its a 40 year old motorcycle !!! The funny thing is we are talking about the new 4 stroke H2 on a 2 stroke triples board,when it has absolutely nothing to do with an H2 triple !!!!!!!!! In that aspect it looks like Kawasaki accomplished its goal !!!!!!

I'll beg to differ, talk about the bike exploded all over the internet with the way it was being introduced. Add in 300 hp and a supercharger, and it could have had no H2 designation or any inference, and nothing would be different, except people not complaining about the H2 moniker. We all knew it wouldn't have anything to do with the old H2 anyway....

I'm sure we would just be talking about it in NTR, and not general chat.........

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:05 pm 

I try to keep the flame burning for a new motorcycle based on the original H2 but I know its a lost cause !!!! It is what it is,I hope Kawasaki does well with the new bike !!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:22 pm 

Barry
I'm not sure what Kawa can add that we don't already have.
If you need super handling, the motor does have to go in a different frame but we do have:
light weight
an abundance of old and repro parts that probably are less than new H2 parts
enough HP for most which is fixable for a few grand
Shock and brake updates; even the forks can be made to be OK

What I want is a new light 4-stroke, 100HP, upright bike that weighs under 450 wet
Currently this leaves the ZRX, GPZ 1100, and GPZ turbo as being NLA and too heavy

Come to think of it, what was ever made that meets 100HP, 450 lbs wet, and upright riding position?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:49 pm 

Jim C wrote:
What I want is a new light 4-stroke, 100HP, upright bike that weighs under 450 wet
Currently this leaves the ZRX, GPZ 1100, and GPZ turbo as being NLA and too heavy

Come to think of it, what was ever made that meets 100HP, 450 lbs wet, and upright riding position?

I think you might have a Yamaha FZ-09 in your future, Jim. 107 RWHP, 396 lbs. dry, 414 wet, 3 cylinders, upright riding position, 10.66 quarter mile, and under $8,000.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/06/26/ya ... nd-photos/

Last edited by Jim on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:50 pm 

I don't have much more to say on this topic !!! All the bike manufactures are making modern naked retro bikes except Kawasaki for the U.S. market.I will never understand how Kawasaki doesn't want to do anything with the H2 name and legacy !!!! Whatever………….it doesn't matter !!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:14 pm 

saint barry wrote:
I don't have much more to say on this topic !!! All the bike manufactures are making modern naked retro bikes except Kawasaki for the U.S. market.I will never understand how Kawasaki doesn't want to do anything with the H2 name and legacy !!!! Whatever………….it doesn't matter !!!!!

I completely agree with you Barry. Kawasaki should never have used the H2 or any other old triples name just for marketing purposes, unless they at least intended to build a decent triple...

My next bike will be a Daytona 675; Light, quick and has the nice triple sound even being a four stroker.

So sad kawasaki went the way of super power insted of keeping the legend of triples. It makes no diference having a 200 or 300 hp bike. Nobody will ever use that power anyway, but a decent all rounder triple would be more useable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:03 pm 

Ja-Moo wrote:
I'll beg to differ, talk about the bike exploded all over the internet with the way it was being introduced. Add in 300 hp and a supercharger, and it could have had no H2 designation or any inference, and nothing would be different, except people not complaining about the H2 moniker. We all knew it wouldn't have anything to do with the old H2 anyway....

and I beg to differ with your beg to differ.... :lol:

If Kawasaki hadn't made the historical tie between this new bike and the original H2 (especially THE NAME!), we wouldn't have been talking about it here AT ALL. Did we talk about the ZX14 when it came out?....If we did, I don't remember it.

Had the name only been "NINJA", I totally agree that it would be been all over the "sport bike" internet, but most of us here couldn't have cared less. Including me.

There was so much anonymity during the "hype", and the actual fact they went visit Rick to ask his thoughts, pointed that there was a fairly decent chance they were going to re-release a modern version of the H2. Especially the forced induction side of it!

broken record, but I believe they would have had a MAJOR succes had they have supercharged a 750 Triple. It would have blown the FZ9 Yammy triple out of the water (along with most (all) other 1000cc bikes), and maybe would have been more affordable to "average" folk (like the original H2)??

It will be interesting to see how well the new bike sells

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:03 am 
Site Admin

I beg to differ, differ, differ......... :lol: A lot of us keep up on the new bikes, and I'm sure as soon as the adds started it would have been posted here, probably by Barry first, and me second.....LOL. The ZX 14 was just an update on the ZX 12 that has been out for years. But "super charger" and 300 hp, would not have been missed on this board.

As far as a 750, I think that would have been a bust, just like back when the 750 turbo came out. The Yammi, Honda, Suki were way off the mark, and the Kawi was as fast as the 1000's, big deal. The Z1R Turbo was out for a couple of years, and then a 750? We all questioned "why?" when they came out. And it would be hard for a 750 3 to make 200 plus reliable HP.

Kawi went BIG, and that's what is getting the attention. These days, 100 +HP 600's are considered "beginner" bikes, there are few 750s anyway, and 1000's are almost considered "small" with the 13 and 1400's out now.

I just hope they put enough beans in the street model to pound the Beemer......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:41 pm 

Jim wrote:
I think you might have a Yamaha FZ-09 in your future, Jim. 107 RWHP, 396 lbs. dry, 414 wet, 3 cylinders, upright riding position, 10.66 quarter mile, and under $8,000.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/06/26/ya ... nd-photos/

No more calls we have a winner.
That fits all my criteria; too bad it's new for 2014 as there won't be many low mile used ones.
I need to go try one but it really looks promising although I don't love the look.
Can't have to all…

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next