Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:40 pm 

I cant' keep something this good a secret. These are bead blasted inside, and polished to show perfection on the outside.

now lets see some guesses on the price before I tell you where you can send your stuff....

it will be worth you packing up your stuff and paying 25 bucks to ship it to Fresno

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:29 pm 

he polished it all for 150

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:48 am 

Nice work on those covers. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:12 am 

now just put black paint around kawasaki letters on the clutch and iggy covers 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:00 am 

So he is open to more work ???
Is there contact info ... :)

1976 KV 75

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:01 am 

$100 cash money

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:11 pm 

When it comes to polishing, I will always be a skeptic. To me, the cost is not the issue, but the attention to detail and the quality upon completion is my concern.
For me, it started when I dropped off a tunnel ram for a V8 hot rod build, sent out for polishing. I have no photos, but I can tell you that when I got the piece back, the wide open spaces were beautiful.
On the top, in between both carbs, the curved Edelbrock logo was completely polished away between the E and the k, those sole letters left staring at me screaming, what did you let this guy do to me.
That tunnel ram sat on my shelf for years as a lesson learned. I changed mindset, purchased a single carbureted Edelbrock intake and left the raw finish as it came from the box.
No hood protrusion, which was what I was after at the start of the build. The disappointment of that one piece, changed my entire plan in that engine compartment.

Polishing is a time consuming art....and time is money. It's easy to make a mistake and once that happens, there is no turning back. The piece is done for.
It goes back to the old comparison. Each man's opinion of restored, clean, mint, perfect, show quality, it's all relative to each person.

I'd need more detailed photos, or an in person view of completed pieces in front of me, before I turn over any of my parts in the future.
Curious as to how much depth of the Kawasaki logos were taken down during the process, and the detail around the gear shift numerals, the attention paid to the valleys that the screws recess into.
Those are the places I'm looking at after a "Show Quality" polish job. For $150, I'm thinking those places weren't given all that much attention.

I'm sure your Fresno source did a nice job for you, just wondering if I would be as impressed. Every man's description varies from man to man.
Don't bother posting the Debbie Downer photo to me. I learned my lesson the hard way with a disappointment that was hard to forget, many years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:38 pm 

15 dollar washing machine motor. 20 dollar adaptor. $45 in pads {I stack many} $10 worth of polishing compounds. I polish all my own at a net expense of 0 since I was paid to polish parts several years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:19 pm 

JohnnyO wrote:
So he is open to more work ???
Is there contact info ... :)

yes he'll do whatever you want. also does chrome too

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

I think "show quality" and 150.00 for a set of cases done, are 2 different worlds. Show quality is hours and ours of work, and hundreds of dollars. We are talking a great deal for the average guy, who doesn't have the tools or know how........