Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:44 pm 

I need to sell off some stuff. as much as i dont want to, i wont likely do another 69 H1. SO I had my son strip my 2nd set of tank and tins, and wow. NO rust inside or out, and not a single dent anywhere. Oil tank and repop left cover are primed, and the set should be white by friday. Then for a set of RBs decals, and a coat of clear, and off to Ebay.
A linered repaint just sold for $1400. I am gonna ask a lot more for my shiny inside perfect tank set. If it dont sell oh well, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

Good luck, I say that in the most confused way....... :eh:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:01 pm 

Yeah i hope it does well. Like i said last week, If i cannot afford to restore my bike beacuse the prices of parts are so high, I will enjoy the prices of my parts. I could not imagine paying 1400 for a lined tank. But if the price has been paid i think someone else may want a perfect one for more.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:10 pm 

:e9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

Personally, I would not pay very much for an unlined tank. 40 year old metal is 40 year old metal. Rusted or not, I wouldn't paint it till it was lined. There is almost a guarantee it will leak....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:16 pm 

unbeleivable. simply defies description.
a rust free tank with no history of rust or leakage WILL LEAK.

you dont eat that crap do you?
Simply another of your endless denigration of my property and efforts.
your some peice of work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:26 pm 

I have to agree with the buster on this one.. :roll: Have owned dozens of triples. and never once have I lined a tank. and never a leak. If a tank is badly rusted I simply discard and move on to a cleaner tank..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:50 pm 

Good luck CB

Last edited by axiom-r on Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:56 pm 

now theres going to be a rash of $1400 69 tanks on ebay. thanks to the last seller and now you who are inflating the prices way the hell out of reach. want to know you cant afford to fix your stuff? look in the mirror.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

cyclebuster wrote:
unbeleivable. simply defies description.
a rust free tank with no history of rust or leakage WILL LEAK.

you dont eat that crap do you?
Simply another of your endless denigration of my property and efforts.
your some peice of work.

I didn't denigrate your stuff Buster. ALL gas has water in it, the water sits in the bottom seams, doing it's thing. New fuel has alcohol in it, that attracts water, so there will be more water in the gas. Over the years, I have read probably 20 or more sob stories about their beautiful new pain job on a rust free tank, now has the new paint bubbling off ruining the tank.

Heck, I have heard some brand new tank leaking from the alcohol fuel attracting water. If I was to buy a new bike, I would seal the tank.

If you are so sure your "rust free" tank is good, then it wouldn't be any skin off your nose to put on a money back guarantee for say 5-10 years, I'm sure that would get you more money, and since the tank is "rust free", you will never have to worry about paying out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next