Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:34 pm 

i think the only negative thing i had to say was i could not afford them , but i dont remember. I doubt if i went too far off on it. I know they are worth every cent of $300.

It seems like every time i talk to you guys about triples i am more inclined to smash them all to bits and sell the aluminum for scrap. I spent months and lots of money building a beautiful H2, and i was accused of stacking up trash to fool someone into buying junk. professional paint job, using exact codes and colors from Mraxl, and it was "wrong color"

Dissenting opinion from the same people on this site drove the price to dirt. We didnt make a dime off that bike thanks to all of you. a new exhaust is more then that 13,000 mile bike with a new NOS seat brought. Entirely based on mouths located here currently.

I will talk to you guys in maybe 6 months.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:40 pm 

cyclebuster wrote:
I will talk to you guys in maybe 6 months.

Gotta say, I never met you and always try to give folks the benefit of the doubt, but this thread and others started by you give me the impression you are not here to help - just argue and hock stuff. Let's lock this thread and hope you are honest about your intention of not returning for 6 months.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

I don't think it needs to be locked Jim. Most posts are civil or close to, except one guy of course.

And it's an insight into how some guys think.

I just wonder where the parts prices and vehicle prices would be, if there was a message board section on every item on E Bay, from the start. Information is knowledge.

CB has a point, many guys have been shut out of triple ownership because of E bay running the prices through the roof. There is nothing objective about it. Of course it's supply and demand. But you can't remove the factor of collectors with big bucks tipping to odds greatly. And not pointing fingers, just the fact that Europe got very few triples, and so are a more valuable commodity. The dollar dropped and many, many triples went over seas. And just looking on the board when a bike comes up for sale, The Euro members usually value them at almost double we do here. A 10,000.00 bike here is around 6,200 pounds British. A much better deal over there with the exchange rate.

So we all see a lot of parts and bikes going overseas, for much more money that we would spend here. And being a capitalistic society, many take advantage of this, the all mighty dollar wins! The guys here that have always wanted a triple are now looking at prices driven by E bay that are out of the range of dollar/fun factor. The reputation on other brand boards when asked about a triple is always, they are very expensive to buy or restore. So lot of guys are just priced out of the hobby. Not by the enthusiasts that sell stuff for a fair price or even gives parts away, but the guys just looking for money.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:48 pm 

I just went over all my posts that I have started here. And there isnt anything in any of them resembling your comments.
So just exactly where do you get your accusations from?

Or did you just think it would be fun to make up something to look down on me with?

ADIOS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:04 pm 

just said $ 1400 sound expensive but CB was talking about tank, side cover and oil tank with pro painting so it'isn't so expensive (just my 2 cents, I'm not starting any dispute) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

cyclebuster wrote:
I just went over all my posts that I have started here. And there isnt anything in any of them resembling your comments.
So just exactly where do you get your accusations from?

Or did you just think it would be fun to make up something to look down on me with?

ADIOS

I guess we will never know who you are posting about...... :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:25 pm 

husson73 wrote:
just said $ 1400 sound expensive but CB was talking about tank, side cover and oil tank with pro painting so it'isn't so expensive (just my 2 cents, I'm not starting any dispute) :mrgreen:

who said pro painting? and reproduction sidecover in the mix. guess we'll see how good it is on ebay. Might be awesome. might not.
Anytime anybody is that budget tight, i am leery about 'pro' paint jobs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:42 pm 

I'm sure most of us all try to help our close tripler friends out. But how do you evaluate whats a fair price when selling extras to an open market w/o using ebay as a guide? And moo I doubt your giving away your reed kits. Imagine you could have them made rather cheaply with todays cnc and overseas parts manuf. or even local .. Whats made america great is our freedoms to do so. If you think your out priced to keep up with this hobbie. maybe you should consider hotwheels or beanie babies.. They made hundreds of thousands of triples. The only factor that drove these prices up are the introduction to europe through fellow enthusiasts... and forums such as this..Not that I consider that a bad thing,Its just my personal observation..I have rare spanish bikes with less then a 1000 ever made in certain yr models. That would'nt fetch what an h1 or h2 would bring in similar cond. I just acquired a gl1000 ltd gold edit. Only 2,000 ever made,and a great bike for those that love old cruisers. I've seen very clean examples sell for much much less then any h1 or h2 in similar cond.. So if you want to point blame. I suggest we all look in the mirror. Supply and demand. Nobodys fault rather then the enthusiasts themselves.. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:10 pm 

Kawbulman, i know you've been at this a lot longer than me, so I want your opinion on the collectibility of triples (well anyone can chime in too of course): once all of us who were influenced by these cool machines in the days of our youth have moved on, will there be an ongoing legacy and demand? What do you think? This is an honest question since these bikes had such a short production run.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:11 pm 

Ebay didn't run the prices up - people did

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next