Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:45 pm 

i havent set any prices yet. BUT i really dont mind seeing prices go up. It increases the value of my bikes as well.
I have been "priced out" of triples for the last few years. I couldnt afford to rebuild my rocket 3 for any reason. T500 transmissions are through the roof. yes i wish i could find $100 H1s but i cant. you must admit the prices on vintage bike parts has gone ballistic.

Ya know H1 early tanks are made of pig iron. they are thick as heck. mid 80s jap tanks rusted through in months in some cases. I just dont see an H1 rusting through very easy. IF it has rust holes man it must be a horror show inside.

At the same time that 1400 tank sold a red 70 in faded original red with a nice interior went for around $400.
priced a CB750 paint set lately? or Z1900?
who knows i may just slap it on my bike. 71 engine and ride the thing. I do wish i had the funds to build a nice h1, tote it to the dragon and show it off, but I dont.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:49 pm 

Mark, the market sets the price nothing else. For example, I can put my Denco H1 up for sale for $10k and what happens? As we recently saw... nothing. If some part sells for $1400 that means that's what the market will bear. CB is NEVER going to collect more than market value on any of his parts. Trying to blame an individual for price setting or driving prices up is literally comical. Even a WALMART size store does not have significant impact on the Supply Demand Curve.

Adam Smith, one of the Founding Fathers of economics famously wrote of the “invisible hand of the price mechanism”. He described how the invisible or hidden hand of the market operated in a competitive market through the pursuit of self-interest to allocate resources in society’s best interest. This remains the central view of all free-market economists, i.e. those who believe in the virtues of a free-market economy with minimal government intervention.

The price mechanism is a term used to describe the means by which the many millions of decisions taken each day by consumers and businesses interact to determine the allocation of scarce resources between competing uses. This is the essence of economics!

An individual can only play a tiny part. It takes the whole market moving together to set the Supply and Demand Curve. So "busting cycles" and selling the parts does not change the value of the parts in the market. All sellers of this type are merely riding the wave of demand for the parts as they become rarer- they are not making then rare.... YOU, me and everyone else that loves triples is what is driving the prices up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:32 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:35 pm 

Jebus Mark, I hardly recognized you with your new haircut.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:38 pm 

This is America!

Sooner or later, through innovation, insight and hard work, someone will devise a way to bring to market a $1375 lined tank.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

Mr. Foully wrote:
This is America!

Sooner or later, through innovation, insight and hard work, someone will devise a way to bring to market a $1375 lined tank.

By that, do you mean, by other means than buying a junk bike for 50.00, throwing on a 200.00 paint job on the body parts and asking a fortune for it because some fool paid that on E bay? I have heard of it being done........

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm 

your living in 1972.

there arent any $100 69 h1s

deal with it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

cyclebuster wrote:
your living in 1972.

there arent any $100 69 h1s

deal with it

I don't have to deal with anything. We all know there are hundreds of guys out there just waiting to sell crap when something goes for a nutball price.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:45 pm 

look you freakin puke.

call my goods crap one more time you useless (banned word)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

cyclebuster wrote:
look you freakin puke.

call my goods crap one more time you useless (banned word)

You need to calm down Buster. I didn't call your stuff crap.

I wished you luck in the sale, I disagreed with you on the merits of a "rust free" tank, and gave valid facts on why they are not worth that much "to me".

Your record here is iffy at the most with other stuff you have tried to sell, it wasn't only me that your stuff was over valued. There is nothing we can do about that, other than give our opinion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next