Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 pm 

I'm sure we have all seen the Synergy Green Metalic 2010 Camaro, they're hard to miss! :shock: Maybe your first thought was the same as mine, "That looks a lot like the 77 KH400 color!" :mrgreen: Could someone with a Candy Emerald Green 77 KH400 please park next to one of these glow in the dark Camaros and see how the colors compare? I'm starting to build up some steam on my KH400 build and wondered if this would be an "easy cheat" for the paint. Not looking for a perfect match, if it's close and looks good I'll probably go for it! Pics would be GREAT!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:09 pm 

I don't have pics and too cold to take my bike out now... Lol
But I think the lime green that Mazda has is a closer match to the colour you are looking for... At least that's the colour I'm going with when the time comes.
I found th camera colour too dark and it doesn't pop like the Mazda green.

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:46 pm 

Whoops, thought you ment 78 lime green... Not sure about 77 but 78 looks better anyway... :lol:

http://kawatriple.com/wtf/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:17 pm 

Yea Andrew, I thought your KH was the Candy Lime Green used in 78-79? I thinking more like this...

Hmmm, :think: they both look brighter in real life, especially in the sunlight! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:48 pm 

That Mazda looks a lot like the color on my old 2000 ZX12R.
That's got a gold base coat and a clear green coat over it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:22 am 

I realize this might not be of much help but I bought a NOS Tank from Japan on Ebay 1977 KH400 Candy Emerald Green. I had it scanned today at a Body Shop Supply Store with a gun and there is no match to be found. The manager suggested I paint a panel with Silver Metalflake and then use 6 strips of tape. That was because I told him that there was an airbrush supply company advertising a Candy Emerald Green Paint. With the 6 strips of tape He said I could figure out if I needed anywhere from 1 -6 coats of paint. I will let you know if I have any luck. I repair Car Dealers Equipment and I had noticed both the Camaro Snyergy green and the Mazda green as well. I will say that based upon the pictures I have seen of this color Bike on the Web. I think that the paint fades to make it look more Silver than it reaaly is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:32 am 
Site Admin

Go with the Mazda color, that kawi green is worse than the poop brown......... :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:03 am 

For those that are trying to come close to the original. I spend alot of time on the road to get to my customers. I have noticed that Newer International, Freightliner and Volvo trucks have some greens that appear to be very close to the Kawi Candy Emerald Green. I just like it better than my 76 dark Green that looks Brown at different angles. That one is a Tricolor with madarin orange, silver metalflake and green. For the wow effect The Camaro Synergy Green gets my vote.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:33 pm 

a friend just repainted a 76 KZ900 Candy Emerald green. I think they ended up with a hue from a land rover, a british racing green shade