Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Login Problems
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 pm 

BarryB wrote:
evansje1 wrote:
Please let me deviate from the login problem (of which is not an issue for me) to my problem. I no longer get email notices of post respondses or PM's. I use to get the notices. I've checked my profile and I'm set up to have the notices sent, I've checked my trash emails but do not see any emails from kawa2strokes, and I've checked my subscriptions and all the posts are listed that should be listed.

Any ideals what my problem is ;) :)

What email are you using (Yahoo, Gmail or an Outlook variant)? Also if you have another email account to use, change the board listing to that and see if that email account works.

You're running some kind of antivirus - advise on that too - but doubt that's it if you're using web based email (yahoo, google etc)/bb

I'm running MS Outlook 2003 SP3 and suddenlink.net is my provider and is where the notices should be going. I've looked for the notices in my suddenlink email but they are not there either. I'll change the email notice account to yahoo and see if I get any notices there.

I keep Norton 360 running and in support.

Thing is just before I left the previous triple forum I stopped getting notices from that forum as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:56 pm 

evansje1 wrote:
BarryB wrote:
evansje1 wrote:
Please let me deviate from the login problem (of which is not an issue for me) to my problem. I no longer get email notices of post respondses or PM's. I use to get the notices. I've checked my profile and I'm set up to have the notices sent, I've checked my trash emails but do not see any emails from kawa2strokes, and I've checked my subscriptions and all the posts are listed that should be listed.

What email are you using (Yahoo, Gmail or an Outlook variant)? Also if you have another email account to use, change the board listing to that and see if that email account works.

You're running some kind of antivirus - advise on that too - but doubt that's it if you're using web based email (yahoo, google etc)/bb

I'm running MS Outlook 2003 SP3 and suddenlink.net is my provider and is where the notices should be going. I've looked for the notices in my suddenlink email but they are not there either. I'll change the email notice account to yahoo and see if I get any notices there.

Thing is just before I left the previous triple forum I stopped getting notices from that forum as well.

Yeah sounds localized to your PC/Software config. Using a different email account would narrow it down to it. I don't know if I have anything running Outlook 2003 anymore - but this is starting to sound like an outlook issue - in OL 2007 etc there is the trust center and various settings. Also a blacklist in there somewhere too. I think I smell an outlook problem - not a spam flag problem per se.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:59 pm 

BarryB wrote:
evansje1 wrote:
BarryB wrote:
evansje1 wrote:

Barry, what is the address the notices come from?

Yeah sounds localized to your PC/Software config. Using a different email account would narrow it down to it. I don't know if I have anything running Outlook 2003 anymore - but this is starting to sound like an outlook issue - in OL 2007 etc there is the trust center and various settings. Also a blacklist in there somewhere too. I think I smell an outlook problem - not a spam flag problem per se.

Barry, what is the email address the notices come from?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:20 pm 

I don't know how the software does it - I think it's a link only back to the board. Go into mine and send me one, we'll see :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:20 am 

BarryB wrote:
I don't know how the software does it - I think it's a link only back to the board. Go into mine and send me one, we'll see :thumbup:

When I changed my email in my profile it was suppose to send me an activation email, which it never did :cry: Since I didn't get the activation email I could not log in :evil: I emailed Aylor and he did a forced activation-I are active now :D Aylor said he didn't get notices either :o I wonder how many more members do not get email notices :?:

Stand by for PM you :geek: :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:06 am 

evansje1 wrote:
BarryB wrote:

When I changed my email in my profile it was suppose to send me an activation email, which it never did :cry: Since I didn't get the activation email I could not log in :evil: I emailed Aylor and he did a forced activation-I are active now :D Aylor said he didn't get notices either :o I wonder how many more members do not get email notices :?:

Stand by for PM you :geek: :P

I'm getting the PMs but only on the board in my inbox here - but not the email notification that I have a PM or emails. Could be an email setting on the board software or host - I'll drop Jeff a note with specifics.

PS - Ernest T. Worrell aka Jim Varney. I'm a lifetime member of his fan club. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:13 am 

The last email notification of an new PM I got was two weeks ago today. I have received PMs since then.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 am 

Jim wrote:
The last email notification of an new PM I got was two weeks ago today. I have received PMs since then.

Jim, did you get an email that you had a PM?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:36 am 

I'm not sure what you're asking, Barry. I've been getting PMs about every day. I used to get email notifications when PMs were sent to me. The last time I got an email notification was two weeks ago today.

I hadn't noticed that they stopped, since I get the pop-up notification too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:08 pm 

That's it Jim - when someone PM's you - you "should" also get an email - with the link in it back to the board - that someone has PM'd you. Thanks, have my answer. :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next