Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:04 am 

have a look at what he did for kawasaki in Gp racing , he was able to ride a lot of there bikes very fast :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:48 pm 

He had it all did greg,even Kenny Roberts rated him as an adversary. Far too early demise in a tintop.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:13 pm 

Greg was a GREAT rider, and an even better person. I don't remember of the 25 or so years I knew him as a racer and friend, anyone NOT liking him. i even figured out how to stop a speed wobble in a Holden Monaro, (his mom's), when we all were down there one year. We were all going to a different public house than we had the night before, and I got the car into a really bad stop to stop wobble. I didn't even lift the throttle, and just stabbed the brakes real hard, and it went straight again. It was a great experience him, the other racers form there, Neville Doyle, all the families.

Greg was just plain platinum people. He left us way, way too soon. RIP....mate.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:22 am 

ass wrote Turner never saw someone else braking as he did, on French GP 78 or 79 on 250 saw him at Le garage vert, passing on the same braking Kork Ballington and Walter Villa :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:33 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:48 am 

Read somewhere that he tuned his H2R so well that he outran the new KR750's. Kawasaki didn't like that so they ordered him to hand in his bike :lol: Think I read it in Kawasaki Racers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 am 

You're correct Stale was on Falloon's book Kawasaki racers :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:54 am 

It was a collaborative effort, Gregg's H2R, between Steve, Neville and I. There wasn't any internet and e/mail back then, we had to exchange ideas by fax, phone, letters, and whenever we got together around the world for races. Gregg rode excellently in every race he was ever in, as well. I wish he, and a lot of other racers now racing far away, were still here, I'd really enjoy spending time with them, kicking around the races, and just talking with all of them.

One day, we'll all get together, on a great race track, and, we'll all be race winners, every one of us.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 am 
Site Admin

H2RTuner wrote:

One day, we'll all get together, on a great race track, and, we'll all be race winners, every one of us.

That reminds me of the "Bruce Almighty" film, Jim Carry was gettings millions of prayer E mails about winning the lottery. So he just hit "yes to all". Then got millions of prayer E mails saying they won the lottery, but only got a dollar........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 pm 

We will all have to go to that race track in the sky one day, that is what I was referring to. Think about who is already there, lined up on the grid, and waiting for the start.