Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:03 am 

Way to go, Buddy! Was it heat that got the last one out?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:03 am 

suthernS2 wrote:
Victory. Got the 3rd carb unstuck. Now I get to try out my new ultrasonic cleaner.

Make sure all the parts placed in the ultrasonic are suspended in the solution in the basket with feet for best results. Glad to see that you got right on it after the Gap. :thumbup: Is the plan to have it running and ready for Gap ‘23? 8-)

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:00 pm 

Jim wrote:
Way to go, Buddy! Was it heat that got the last one out?

I tried the heat but no luck. Soaked it with more lubricant and gave it a slight tap on top of the slide and saw it move. Then just kept moving it up and down till it came out. Looks fine now that it is out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:08 pm 

Evans Ward wrote:
suthernS2 wrote:
Victory. Got the 3rd carb unstuck. Now I get to try out my new ultrasonic cleaner.

Make sure all the parts placed in the ultrasonic are suspended in the solution in the basket with feet for best results. Glad to see that you got right on it after the Gap. :thumbup: Is the plan to have it running and ready for Gap ‘23? 8-)

That's the plan Evans, might need a little help from my friends to make it happen though.
The cleaner works pretty good but all I had was some purple power sitting around. I need your recipe for cleaner. I'm thinking about buying a gravity fed spot blaster and soda blasting the bowls. They still have white corrosion in them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:27 pm 

suthernS2 wrote:
Evans Ward wrote:
suthernS2 wrote:

That's the plan Evans, might need a little help from my friends to make it happen though.
The cleaner works pretty good but all I had was some purple power sitting around. I need your recipe for cleaner. I'm thinking about buying a gravity fed spot blaster and soda blasting the bowls. They still have white corrosion in them.

I use a gallon of either Gunk or Berryman’s 1 gallon carb cleaner bought from an auto parts store, about a quart of Pine Sol, and about a quart of WD40. If still not full, I add distilled water to top it off. This mix cleans the parts well but please ventilate and don’t stay in there while cleaning. I run two 30 minute heated cycles. The mix I use doesn’t clean the exterior though but I use Never Dull wading and a soft brush mounted on my Dremel rotary tool for that. I have a 10L ultrasonic now as I’m on my third one in 8 years.

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans