Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:39 am 
Site Admin

RODH2 wrote:
I thought you pretty much lived on the Moon..............!! :? ( :lol: )

Like I don't visit Earth at times? Let's just say it was really weird landing in Moscow and seeing Air Force 1 and 2 at the air port. Any guesses what year that was? :wtf:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:52 am 

'09....? I was there in '05! (didn't see you there!)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:18 pm 

Just wait until all that stuff breaks off the building and falls on people.

I've been all over the world, numerous times, and back here, even with all its political and other problems, it is still the best place to live of anywhere. Yes, there are a few very neat places, but they are way too close to not so neat ones as well.

Go do it, get the real feel of it, take your own look. People can say whatever, but until YOU go see and feel it in person, it isn't complete.

I think a 2 year mandatory military stay for all kids right out of high school would be good, IF that were to break the stations up into 4, 6 month deployments. First would be in Europe, then south Se3as, then Asia, last here. I think that would help in two ways, first, it'd give a G.I Bill fund to help those that wanted to go to school after the mandatory service, and second, it'd let those individuals get a first hand perspective of what they might want to do in life and become that they wouldn't get if they went directly to college.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:46 pm 

I would be in Central Europe for approx. 3 years, think I know where but vague a bit still. Get paid same as here so I will survive fine. I get a separate stipend for housing and all that junk that goes with it. Household items among which I get to ship a bike is taken care of. Get my vehicle shipped as well. I've spent months backpacking around so done that. I'm hoping to travel if I get time. I'm just trying to figure out other costs still. Insurance and the like for vehicles. Overall costs of various things whether auto related or not. I may stock up on stuff prior to leaving states since I don't pay for shipping. I will ship my concours 1400 I guess that I've been trying to sell here,or maybe a triple. I plan on picking up an older bike once there. Good way to meet some triple folks as well. I've been up to Ralfs I think it was before with a buddy of mine, friends in Berlin. Just hunting and making sure everything adds up and it's worth the time and effort.like I said any info is helpful

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

RODH2 wrote:
'09....? I was there in '05! (didn't see you there!)

lol, Leningrad was still Leningrad......... :wtf:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:18 pm 

Ask yourself if you'd regret it 25 years from now if you *didn't* do it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:29 pm 

Hey Thom, love ya buddy. Give this lots of thought and follow your instincts. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:35 am 

If you manage to pass to France can help you if need 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:37 pm 

Hey Barry , you will have to visit if I take one of the positions. I have been offered one but still need to come to agreement on finance end of things. Thanks husson73 I won't be to far away from Paris. Day trip on my bike. Still researching stuff and have to make sure it works for me. It is 3 years so need to be positive about stuff. I'm definitely leaning on going though, need out of this god awful desert I live in currently, done with these 100+ degree summers. we shall see

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:37 pm 

3 years is a long time, especially if it ain't workin for ya. Hell, many marriages don't even last that long. I have never been to Europe because, well, I'm a Chicken. As far as I'm concerned once we Americans leave the country we have a target on our back. I know, I know, it is a paranoid idiocy but I have issues, some are serious. :roll: Google some of the US GP riders and MX riders like Spencer, Lackey, Lawson, Roberts, LaPorte, and see how they felt in interviews. As I remember reading the interviews they all loved the experience but they definitely missed home, and specifically, the food. Hec, first thing Tony Stark got was a BK Cheeseburger. What ever you do, best of luck and I am sure it is like others say, It is what you make of it.

Be sure to send us some pics!!!!