Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:44 pm 

Some place around here, I have drawings of the liquid cooled stuff I am still intending to build for an H2. They've been done for decades, no time to get it done. The cylinders would be an all 3 in one casting, and started as intake port reeds, then changed to rear transfer ports for case reeds, adding power valves to the exhaust ports, bridged exhausts. The transfer port openings on the base were siamese'd together, so there could be a larger volume through the transfer openings, and a bigger base gasket foot print. This would allow the cases to be welded up between the transfer ports, to match the larger transfer openings, and for the case reed setup, rear case cutaway's to feed the rear boosters.

Head casting was also single water jacket casting for all 3 heads, with removable head inserts that could be modified on a lathe.

Kinda, sorta like a basic KR750, but done for an H2 case set, no splayed port layout. I am sure it would have led to a different set of case castings, ones that already had the case reeds, and 6 or 7 speed transmission area, larger clutch, wet or dry, and other "improvements".

Maybe when I retire, I can get back to them, and get it done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:05 pm 

oxford wrote:
I always like looking at Jeff's projects, but at the same time makes me feel like a hack. :lol:

I think we are all hacks when compared....... WOW!

Lane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

Casting, like many things, has a bunch of different ways to get the job done. Jeff is an engineer, so he came from a engineering point of view. My cylinder, if I ever get it done will use a totally different process.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:16 pm 

Maybe he could whip a few sets of H2R cylinders...........saw a NOS set in Aussieland for $10,000 last year............sure he could sell a few sets

Smart Dude there :!: :!: :!:

THX Phil :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:24 am 

BBP wrote:
Maybe he could whip a few sets of H2R cylinders...........saw a NOS set in Aussieland for $10,000 last year............sure he could sell a few sets

Smart Dude there :!: :!: :!:

THX Phil :thumbup:
in an other hand you can do H2R specification with standart H2 barrels.The barrels on Eric OFFENSTADT H2R on Daytona 72 were (very ) modified standart barrels 4th on the grid. How I know: a friend has one of the barrel (seized) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:23 am 

The H2R barrels to use are the original ones. They had altered stud positioning to allow more transfer port area, bridged intake and exhaust ports, and the exhaust ports were Husqvarna design, much better. We NEVER got the performance of those cylinders out of any modified stock Street bike barrel. They'd be even more excellent with some of today's advanced tech.

Too bad Bob Hansen managed to get them banned in late 1972. In some ways, Hansen was our own worst enemy.