Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:46 am 

I am still disgusted over the losing my 72 H2 in 1980. My H2 with black Dencos was rode to Daytona Speedway on a Friday of speed week. Returning to the parking lot was not pleasant, no ride. The police were called but to no avail. To this day, I regret not locking the forks. Being well informed on the electronic of the H2, as most here, and no seat lock on the 72 model, you know how easy it is to drive away a 72 H2, for a thief. This photo is from 1979. Anyone else experience have a cycle stolen?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:05 am 

Not yet, but I had a friend use that same knowledge of the ignition system when I wasn't looking, to move it to the other side of the parking lot to irritate me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:55 pm 

My fun street H2, with basically H2R spec engine, Morris Mags, slicks, pipes, triple disks, and a lot more fun stuff, stolen 20 years ago, from Merced, California, right out of my closed motorcycle shop, as I was moving to So. Cal.

I figure it was the local Atwater/Winton, Ca., area tweekers, and I wish I could find them. I figure they sold parts from it to California Triples, as the rumor was the tweekers sold it to those other thieves.

H2F-26538
H2E-26657
California license plate - 2F1982

I still miss that bike, a lot.

Also, for all you first gen H1 owners (H1, A, B, C, D), when I worked in a shop, when we didn't have the keys for one of these bikes, we used to be able to do service work, as in run the engines, by a simple jumper wire between the rear brake light switch red power wire, and the battery positive terminal. That powered the entire electrical system up. Beware, that method is well known, and, other measures should be taken to completely disable the systems on these bikes for added security against theft.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:54 pm 

Bastards didn't steal it but stripped it to the frame which I am resurrecting at this point. The thing I never had gotten is why they didn't just take the whole thing. At least this time it will have what I want on it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:17 pm 

Some kids stole my H2 way back - took it from outside my parents house, (quiet suburban street) and rode it to a country town some 80 miles away. Cop pulls them over and asks them "what type of bike is this?" Kid A - "500", Kid B - "750". Got bike back, and address of the dicks that stole it....! :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:51 pm 

1972 750 Kawasaki stolen in Hayward ca on second street original paint fastest triple I ever had chrome rr dencos back in the 80,s never found . raced bike at fremont drags on grudge nights those were the days 10 second street bike. years later I found out a guy in san leandro ca was caught with all kinds of stolen triple parts and bikes something tells me he had mine.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:29 am 

even with seat lock it's still easy to stole one :o

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:03 am 

After mine got stolen, I put a mercury tilt-switch on it wired to a plastic trumpet......... It impressed the girls in a dark shed, but with the vibration' it didn't last long.........! (H2 story No. 198) :crazy:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:19 pm 

I have a bicycle I never really cared that much about. Left it at my friend's place to cruise around with him. Came back from the bar one night and locked it only by the front wheel. A few days later, my friend sent me a picture of the front wheel locked to the bike rack and no bike attached to it, right as he was leaving the country. At first I shrugged, but it really got under my skin after a while. I was posting on lots of forums and Facebook groups to find it. Then I found out he had stashed the bike in his house as a joke.

Anyway, if I was getting upset by a bicycle I didn't really care about, I can't imagine having a motorcycle stolen. That's got to be the WORST. My sympathies to all you dudes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:39 pm 

When I was in 11th grade ?? I had a part time job, at a local pharmacy as the stock boy, I became very good friends with the owners,, I had saved up a couple hundred bucks , and the owner let me borrow $400.00 ... I bought a Suzuki PE 250 ,,, I rode it one tank of gas , as I did a wheelie coming up a hill on one of our tracks, we had out behind the house and placed my foot down to correct and messed my knee up ... I was able to get the bike home and placed it in my shed ... About a week later when I was able to ride again it was gone..
I called the Police filed a report and thought to myself I will never see that bike again.. Sometime later I recieved a call from the police that the bike was found and was at a local body shop in the area where it was found and towed to....I was thinking this is great,,, I am getting my bike back.. I go to the shop and I am informed I owe the towing fee,, shocked thinking why do I have to pay anything??? I paid out something like $40.00 bucks, as I remeber , but it was a lot then to me... They then brought the bike out to me ,,, the engine was removed :banghead .. I was so pissed off and still gets to me after all these years .. I can't remeber how long it took to pay off the money I borrowed but I know it was at least a year.. The good thing is that is if something like that happens to you,, you are changed forever, as you will never be a thief ....

1976 KV 75