Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:19 am 

Prayers out for a speedy recovery!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:32 am 

One of the nicest and sincerest people I know. How's Debbie doing?

I'm not religious but there is a power in prayer or whatever variant you use. I'm going to check in with TGU (The Guy Upstairs) and wish Joe a complete and speedy recovery.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:35 am 

Last Saturday afternoon I had a complete blockage of the main heart artery, they call this "the Widowmaker" I guess I'm a Triple Nut through and through. Debbie got me to the hospital very quickly and I was being worked on when I went into cardiac arrest. But God was again gracious to me, they jump stared me and cleared the artery and put in a stent.

I'm not scared of where I'm going, I just don't feel like being done interacting with the people I care about yet.

I completely appreciate your kind words, thoughts and especially prayers. Specifically for healing the damage and right now I having trouble sleeping.

I'm in pretty good shape for a fellow who's heart stopped last Saturday. Thanks, guys.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:59 am 

battleax wrote:
I'm in pretty good shape for a fellow who's heart stopped last Saturday.

Details, details.
You're too strong and stubborn to leave right now.
Besides, I think God may want you to continue helping others both in your everyday life as well as through your triple pals.

Stay strong brother; our best to the misses; get well soon :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, scary thing to happen! Glad Deb was there to get you to help. Heal well!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:18 pm 

Go Joe! Thanks for posting the story, and go for a ride whenever it's OK again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:50 pm 

Awe Joe, I just read this. Glad to see you are doing better. You a good man Joe Bird. The Man has plans for you. :wave: :wave: :wave:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:58 pm 

Super tuner wrote:
I don't believe in prayers. We live in modern times. So here's some good thoughts his way and a hope for a speedy recovery.

WOW - Did you once write a book "How to make friends and influence people" ? - I seldom pray, never needed to, but every once in a word I will say a little something, If I though for One second that it would help someone out, call it a prayer or whatever for someone who I may not even know (and often don't) , I may even ask for gods help (whoever he is) and apparently, it has worked for many centuries, it costs nothing and if it helps why not give it a try . . every little helps

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:01 pm 

I will Pray and give good thoughts........he is a great guy and we all wish him well and a speedy recovery........get better Joe !

THXS Phil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:14 pm 

Thank God you were in the Hospital :thumbup: .......my brother Eddy (65) just went thru the same thing, he got the hospital in the nick of time......did the stint.....he's good to go now :)

I think from time to time, it might not be a bad idea to get one of those cardiology checkups (specially with high cholestorol, blood pressure and diabetes....sucks).......I wonder how much of that blockage can be seen thru testing\screening......maybe we should all think about it :!: .......ask the Doc Joe

THX Phil

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next