Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:15 am 

I will never forget the first '69 H1 I saw accelerating down the street past all of us sitting on our bikes at the café. I was hooked in an instant. The Suzuki's days were limited, great bike though it was!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:18 pm 

My Brother had one that was "daytona" ported with chambers and some carb work.......it ran pretty good, but I 16 at the time and in Dallas.......Cops used to hassle me on it........."where did you get damned that bike son :evil: ".........used to foul plugs all the time, pull the cap up off the plug, it would jump the gap and unfoul every time :clap:

Odd, I rode my H2 up to my buddys (mini bike guy) shop yesterday.......what the hell, he has a 75 T500 sitting there........some customers bike, has a pinhole in the tank.........he asked him to just bring the tank.......the guy brought the whole bike........now he is pissed as he doesn't have room for it......that 75 tank is huge, kind of ugly.........don't remember that on my brothers early model

THX Phil :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:51 pm 

BBP wrote:
.that 75 tank is huge, kind of ugly.........don't remember that on my brothers early model

If it has disk brakes up front it is a GT500 and they used the same huge tank as the GT750.

On a side note, when I pointed the T500 in the commercial out to my wife , she just rolled her eyes. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:04 pm 

Jeff wrote:
BBP wrote:
.that 75 tank is huge, kind of ugly.........don't remember that on my brothers early model

If it has disk brakes up front it is a GT500 and they used the same huge tank as the GT750.

On a side note, when I pointed the T500 in the commercial out to my wife , she just rolled her eyes. :lol:

Yeah, Suzanne was unimpressed also. If they only knew......

Lane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:36 am 

A lot of girls were impressed with my Suzuki 500, AT THE TIME.............(it certainly wasn't me.....!!) :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:53 am 

my lovely girl favorite bike as passenger is my 69 H1 8-)
the bike she hates as passenger is my Ducati 996 :mrgreen: