Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:33 pm 

As Jim commented in your original thread, if the main goal for your buddy is to obtain the highest dollar amount to help out his current financial situation, eBay probably is the best bet to reach that goal. If you try to strike a balance between highest value, and this valuable 1st year Triple going to someone from one of these Triple boards who's going to do a quality restoration, than your friend would likely end up settling for less than top dollar. If he's okay with the latter, than by all means when you do have pictures, post them here and possibly the other boards and either set an asking price, and/or take offers.

But even if you list this on eBay, and if it ends with a ridiculously high bid (good for your buddy), somewhere down the line it will get restored by somebody to some degree, whether a concourse level or just a nice rider, if not by the winning bidder, than by someone who may end up buying this bike down the line. Good luck to you and your buddy on the sale! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:15 pm 

I sure am curious as to what this bike looks like! Have you personally seen the bike? or are you just forwarding information?

Here are some examples I found on Google of Projects and barn finds 1969's

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:46 pm 

I've seen the bike in person and it's better than the pictures posted above. It was late evening and the sun was going down quickly so I didn't have great light.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:49 pm 

A freaking Ducati, for gods sake man why not get a gentleman's Italian bike with some class and get a Moto Guzzi! At least they handle on curves and could pick up a high class bombshell of a woman.

Roflmao, you might not know I'm a Guzzi Junkie and dealer for them. In my opinion the most under appreciated and misunderstood motorcycle in the world!

I won't disagree that the multistrata would be a better bike but wouldn't be his cup of tea!

Barry B, I'll get some pics but it will take some time before I do, I'm gonna be busting my ass all week before taking my two daughters to their first Flat Track race this weekend. Damn Heather & I are some cool parents! My youngest is 10 and she's a soeed junkie on her dirt bike and as a passanger on my street bike.

Dear moderator(s) I once again apologize for being grouchy and truly thank each one of you for your work here to make it a great forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:37 pm 

FYI.

Mint condition 69 H1 is 15K easy in UK and Germany. Even 20K. (US dollars)