Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:28 pm 

jeff,
i was wondering having no info on the history of your producing the fine items you do, if you are steadfastly set in who does them for you? my neice and her husband recently opened a tshirt/ silkscreening etc biz in tx[mainly for the area's massive school sports organizations/associations] in ft worth area. have no idea if they could help you in cost or no?
my speacial gift shirt from last yr's deal's gap is of fine quality and is making its way framed onto my mem-wall, and will sit aside gurney cuda, h2's from yesteryear, superbirds,gumball paperwork, etc.. you guys are too used to them
different styles/appearances of event shirts are a fine idea, but the standard bearer should always have some feeling of tradition and steadfastness to it,
just my thoughts,
bigmo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:45 am 

Sorry if I was a little grumpy in my earlier post in this thread. Long day at work and I was told that I could expect to be called in at 5:00 am on 2/1/12 because of an upgrade that was being done at 3:00 am... I was called at 4:50am when a bunch of stuff quit working :e4 (that f'ing upgrade also made me miss out on getting my room at the Gap)

On to the subject at hand...

The money from the shirts and mugs IS the primary source of funding for this site and the resource page. This site and the resource page is not inexpensive...there are 2 hosting companies plus the cost of the domain names. kawtriple.com is hosted at a different company than 3cyl.com and kawi2strokes.com. I'm using reliable, honest companies with excellent customer service and they don't come cheap. The only way I can get the site any more reliable is if I pay for co-hosting a server at work and then it will be VERY expensive...more than the shirt/mug sales will cover. The money also pays for the giveaways (keychains, etc) at the meet. Like was mentioned earlier, I also accept donations, but I don't solicit them as they usually aren't necessary.

The use of this site is, always has been, and always will be free to the members. It is paid for by the sales of the shirts and mugs and that is why the shirts and mugs that I sell are the "Official" products.

Now about the shirt style/design. I purposely chose a pocket t-shirt simply because I don't wear shirts without a pocket. That pretty much limits the design to the back of the shirt with a small logo on the pocket. The grey color was chosen because white doesn't stay good looking very long and black limits the design on the back unless I go to an expensive multi color print. I can use a different color shirt, but then the price goes up again.

As for the design on the back of the shirt, it's been a photo simply because I'm not even up to the standards of a bad graphic designer...I pick a nice picture, write down the text, and then the girl at the t-shirt company makes it look pretty and gives me a few designs to chose from. The shirt company that I use is local to me, so it's convenient and I can take orders for a little longer than if I had to do it mail order. Now, I'm not locked down on using a photo with text as the design on the back. If someone wants to come up with a design that will look good as a greyscale print on the back of the shirt, I'm perfectly fine with that as long as it's appropriate.

And on that note here is the picture that I chose for this year. I chose this pic because it's the 40th anniversary of the H2 and the Water Buffalo. The text will be something along the lines of "40 years of 750cc 2 strokes"
Attachment:
57391.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:01 am 

You rock Jeff and we all appreciate your efforts! Pocket-me-baby :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I got grease on the sleeve of my sweathoodie recently, was bummed but my wife got most of it out!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:02 am 

Thanks Jeff for doing this. I agree that white is not a good choice. I don't mind the gray but my favorite Gap event shirt was the black one. I try to save it for special occasions.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:37 am 

Yes thank you ! I would like to order 2 shirts even I am not coming ! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:17 am 

H1Pete wrote:
Jeff - you're not locked in to that one style of shirt are you? The one with a photo printed on it? Maybe it's just time for a different design...

Yes please.... New design. Time for a change.

Chris wrote:
Thanks Jeff for doing this. I agree that white is not a good choice. I don't mind the gray but my favorite Gap event shirt was the black one. I try to save it for special occasions.

And I agree with this as well!! Black lasts the longest and doesn't show 2-stroke oil stains.

Thanks Jeff for doing this year in, year out! :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:40 am 

scrambler73 wrote:
And I agree with this as well!! Black lasts the longest and doesn't show 2-stroke oil stains.

I own a Harley - do you know how many frigging BLACK t-shirts I own :o I even have three black triple ones too.

At 6800ft here in the summer, when it's +100 outside ya roast in black.

How about hot pink? (naw just kidding) :e13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:38 pm 

BarryB wrote:
scrambler73 wrote:

I own a Harley - do you know how many frigging BLACK t-shirts I own :o I even have three black triple ones too.

At 6800ft here in the summer, when it's +100 outside ya roast in black.

How about hot pink? (naw just kidding) :e13

I can relate Barry. I have a bunch of black t-shirts and I live in Florida. I wasn't necessarily voting for black, I was just saying my favorite overall was the black shirt (I think it was the 5th Annual). It is just a very comfortable shirt and the graphic was pretty cool too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:39 pm 

I'm cool with whatever is the choice for the shirt. Great momento and I'll buy one no matter. Thanks Jeff for all you do! :thumbup: :D

“Jeff and Chris are THE MEN!”
RIP John E. Evans

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:08 pm 

Jeff,
Sorry I started this post.
I didn't think or remember about the funding.
Thanks for the reminder.
Is it possible to send donation checks if the shirts don't float our boat?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next