Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:56 pm 

For those who would like to plan ahead and make early reservations for this race weekend.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/motoamerica-2020-schedule-released/

https://motoamerica.com/schedule/

Last edited by kawi3cyl on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:18 pm 

That is a giant "IF". IF the county officials, SCRAMP and the new operators of Laguna Seca can get together on things, like noise pollution up the canyons that drive residents bonkers. It is far from resolved just yet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:33 pm 

Thanks for the update Dave. Such a shame not to have this super fun bike weekend in beautiful Monterey... :banghead

https://www.montereyherald.com/2019/11/22/superbike-world-championship-out-at-laguna-seca-as-new-management-takes-over/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:18 am 

Yup, I posted this a few days ago in a topic I started.,

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:06 pm 

thanks Dave for the heads up, ps do you live in silver springs or yerrington and did you hook up with Rodger Karker.
hope your health is doing ok this year , mine has been tough too. 2 neck surgeries since may 1st and Hernia operation yesterday, I've only been able to do 2 bike rides this year, but would love to come by and see your collection some time and thank you for the wealth of knowledge you've provided to the triples communities over the years

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:28 pm 

Yerington, and yup, Roger and I emailed back and forth, thank you.

Health is dicey, a year ago, dehydration put me in our local useless pill factory, and I was promptly diagnosed as a Type 2 Insulin diabetic, so, they poked gobs of that junk into me, and then over hydrated me, took me 3 - 1/2 months after getting out to be able to walk again, EVERYTHING below my belt line went bonkers, swelling, Edima, and the like. When I came home from all this, no finger sticking, but, 75 units of liquid insulin per day. That is enough Insulin to kill an elephant.

Then, August 18, Brown Recluse spider bite took me to Renown in Reno, a real hospital. 21 days there, two operations on my left hand, and I am still working on the rehab to get it working again.

Also at Renown, they confirmed that I am a Type 2, shoot 'em up diabetic, BUT, if you draw a line between the two types, I am so low into the 2nd type, it was not funny. They stopped the chemical insulin, and started me on two pills per day, one at morning and one half of the other in morning, the other half of that second pill at night, NO PROBLEMS, normal blood sugar. It is amazing when a real hospital gets involved over a disaster of a mess, like we have here. I had NO idea medicine had come far enough along that some of the chemical stuff had gone to pills, versus chemical insulin. I have always kept a low salt, low sugar regimin, and never did have any problems with the diabetes.

You sound like you have been through the mill as well, neck surgery isn't ;light duty, either is a hernia. Main thing is to just plain get better, and back on the bikes. Keep getting better, they can rebuild us for the most part.

As far as Laguna is concerned, I figure there will be a severe backlash to the county officials not having any bike races, that might get whomever will take the place over to think over their decision to ditch the bike races. I am not a great fan of WSBK, my love is the old Grands Prix, and now MotoGP, but the tech of the bikes is what I really enjoy, even WSBK. My tuning counterpart back in the early 1970's at Team Kawasaki Road Racing is Steve Whitelock, he was on the team with myself, working on Yvon's bikes. He was also the Chief Technical Inspector for WSBK for a decade or so.

Another of my very long term friends from decades on, is an old Grands Prix rider named Steve McLaughlin. He was the person that formulated, and started the main creation of Superbike racing, and WSBK, back in the late 1970's, eons ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:20 pm 

(https://www.rideapart.com/articles/383747/world-superbike-calendar-2020-fim-dorna/)

"It’s also worth noting here that the MotoAmerica series, which has previously run at Laguna Seca in conjunction with World Superbike, currently has a Laguna Seca date listed as “to be confirmed” on its own 2020 calendar. It is also the only race weekend in that series that has yet to be confirmed. Assuming it happens, the MotoAmerica Laguna Seca race weekend for 2020 will take place July 10 through 12, 2020."

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:44 pm 

OK....don't get your hopes up. The way thins works is very deceptive. MAYBE., MAYBE EVERY one of you in the world that cares for Moto-America MIGHT make a small dent on local politicians to consider that event, it doesn't really go very far.

I live in one of the two actual cities in Lyon County, Nevada, Yerington. The other is Fernley. Lyon county has 5 districts, with a Commissioner per district. They have two Board of County Commissioner's (BoCC) meetings a month, here in Yerington.They are on the first and third Thursdays of every month, at 9:00AM.

Some people cannot make those meetings, from work, too far to travel, whatever. So, the BoCC created a Citizens Advisory Board (CAB) for all 8 areas of the county. These boards convene one evening per month, all over the county, from the two towns, to all the unincorporated areas in the county. These CAB's are not the actual commissioners, but most commissioners also attend, to interact with the public in their areas. The CAB members run the meeting, and they do things like review Special Use Permits, Conditional Use Permits, Planning Commission, and other county business, record the public input, and return it to the BoCC.

CAB's are a later n the day info input for the BoCC.

My CAB is in Mason Valley, that also has Weed heights, Wabuska, Mason, the City of Yerington and all the rural areas within Mason Valley. I have been the Chairman of the MV CAB for 8 years now, board member for 10. That said, the BoCC here is pen minded, and listen, but there are other areas that they just do not listen to anyone but themselves and developers, those that have schemes to gain money only. I asked our county manager if he knew about what was going on at Laguna and their county, and his response was that those people only care about the cash input facet of the race track, and that they all feel it would be better used as a county rental facility not for motorsports, but civic events like fairs, festivals, and anything toa does two things, keeps the residents that hate the noise off their backs, and making gobs of money, and WSBK, and especially Moto-America, that ae not high dollar revenue places.

As I said, if everybody speaks up for the races, there might be one of them that hears, but, don't hold your breath for any more races at Laguna. None of the races Laguna has done have ever made significant monies, as the commissioners there are aware, not even Indy and Sports Car races.

I hope sanity hits them, and the races come back, but I am not betting on it. What residents need to do is show up to the various meetings, and respectfully give your testimony, opinions and cares to the county officials. Be polite, and if you feel the same as someone else that testified before you, don't waste the board's time, simply say you completely agree with the speaker that said XXXXXX previously, and sit back down. Long same rant and rave dissertations from a hundred people don't go far with the powers that run things.

We just heard two agenda items, the first was a 5k residential housing development for totally rural Stagecoach, with commercial/industrial as well, on 655 acres, in a totally rural area. It would have taken both water and sewer lines to facilitate the project, from 15 miles away, Dayton. The developer has been revising the plan for two years, cancels presentatioin, then redesigns more into the project, and it went on, and on. Finally, it came to the Stagecoach CAB, defeated, on to Plan Com, defeated, and on to the BoCc. 45 speakers aganist the project, and it was defeated by BoCC. Here is one project that should have been in a non-rural area, like Dayton, NOT Stagecoach.

The other agenda item was here, MV CAB, Plan Com and BoCC, and was a real, live Yerington project, literally a Tiger Rescue Facility and Rescue. Note: the word "Tiger" was just that, a real, live TIGER rescue located one mile out of the Yerington City Limits. Tigers, lions, other big cats are quite able to travel miles hunting things to eat, and the facility wo0uld have only been chain link fenced. The ONLY reason the people that were applying was, a greedy realtor conned them into thinking the property was low cost, and that approval would be "duck soup". I have no idea if the Yerngton area public likes duck soup, but they sure didn't like a tiger rescue coming to their town, and 74 of them responded NO. Plan Com and BoCc said a resounding NO.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:35 am 

So, this apparently is not the same as last year's Superbike - *Please note that MotoAmerica SpeedFest is an independently promoted event, and tickets are available through their website MotoAmerica.com. Nonetheless, there appears there will be motorcycle racing during this weekend, for anyone interested in checking it out. I may be down there that weekend with my H2, so Danny, Dave (porschedave), the usual suspects, let me know if you plan to be there too as we approach that weekend. :thumbup:

https://motoamerica.com/monterey/

https://www.speedwaydigest.com/index.php/news/speedway-news/54276-weathertech-raceway-laguna-seca-2020-season-schedule-released-with-ticket-sales-information

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/weathertech-raceway-laguna-seca-releases-2020-schedule-confirms-motoamerica-event/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:17 pm 

Knowing how county and city governments work, I'll still,wait to see what jumps up and bites the boards to stop the good, fun stuff.

We here have a new Chairperson for our board of county commissioners, and she is the worst ever. She wants to run stuff because she is a realtor, and now has all Silver Springs development under her purse strings.

Anything is possible, idiocy and greed can, and will pop up at any time. Hope the good pops up,for Laguna, but still not holding my breath.