Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:11 pm 

Don't make a special trip unless you have to visit your Inlaws. As a CT guy who lives about 5 miles from this place I was all for it. The idea of having a MC Museum in my back yard was a big Hell Yea! Problem is, IMO, this place is an ego trip for the owner. The bikes are so, so. The only triple we saw at the grand opening was an H1 that looked like it came out of 20 years of storage. I get that it is a new establishment and want to give it a chance, but, it is half ass at best. If you are going to have a museum, do some research and describe to the visitors what they are viewing. It is just a bunch of old bikes, originals, and not very well, (that is being kind) restored bikes thrown into rooms. There is however many newspaper articles framed on display about the owner.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:33 pm 

Thanks for the reply, I kind of got that feeling about it myself and after watching a few you tube video's his knowledge about the bikes and the constant plea for donations (it seems bikes that don't make it into the museum) are sold to fund the museum. Then on top of that the trumpt up service charges to bring a bike to riding condition (usually $1000 or more) I kind of get an uneasy feeling. :problem: