Kawi2strokes.com Forum

Enthusiasts from around the world dedicated to the preservation and ritual flogging of the infamous Kawasaki 2-stroke Triples
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:36 pm 

This is the event that was for many years prior, held at the Auburn Fairgrounds, but reportedly due to increased rental costs, it has been relocated west of Sacramento.

http://motorcycleevents.com/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=12&sobi2Id=15573&Itemid=156

I believe Friday is for setting up or camping overnight, and swap/show is Sat/Sun.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:07 pm 

Just a bump...it's this weekend in Dixon. I plan to check it out first thing in the morning to beat the heat. Not sure, but thinking I might attend on Sat.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:57 pm 

I did stop by this morning, and while there wasn't a single Triple part that I noticed (majority Honda present), it was still enjoyable seeing vintage bikes, projects, and parts, not to mention the nice people attending.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:05 pm 

Go ahead and say it...
Owner did say he was still dialing in the carbs, after someone asked if the Lectrons were difficult to tune.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:33 pm 

Thanks for the pictures. Was that the majority of the bikes?? What ever pipes that were on that H2 are nice.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:53 pm 

H1FR wrote:
Thanks for the pictures. Was that the majority of the bikes?? What ever pipes that were on that H2 are nice.

For the most part yes, but I arrived just after 8am, so no doubt there were still others yet to arrive with their inventory.

Jim Lomas pipes, and the owner stated he had someone braze over the original welds to give it that hand-welded appearance (I think that's what he said...): http://www.jl-exhausts.com/jl-kawasaki-exhausts-11-c.asp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:10 am 

H1FR wrote:
Jim Loomas pipes but not the standart the racing set for H2, work great and not too noisy (great thing with the cops in my country) but you should cut things on the frame: central stand and other brackets.
Tartan, the scott who is now retired in France exactly in Brittany has a set on his H2A 8-)
have pictures of his bike somewhere.